• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hepham Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnR

I saw this clip shared by the BFI twitter account and I cant work out where this station is - I cant even seem to find details online!

It seems to be a double track line, electrified, and the trains appear to be 4EPB units.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRFH1-_PnI

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of, is that it is another station masquerading as Hepham for some reason....but then which station is it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
My suggestion is .. Horsley on the Guildford New Line.
The film is elsewhere on "youtube" and will try to find it.

MAV39

Don't think it can be Horsley, railway goes over the road there.

My suggestion is Chelsfield.

Veteran Member
Definitely not Chelsfield (or Knockholt which was my guess): Chelsfield had an SER box and Knockholt different canopies.

The headcode 47 which I think the down train has would be a Dartford Loop service (via Sidcup).

JohnR

Definitely not Chelsfield (or Knockholt which was my guess): Chelsfield had an SER box and Knockholt different canopies.

The headcode 47 which I think the down train has would be a Dartford Loop service (via Sidcup).

Having a closer look, the headcode looks like it might be 42. Thats Waterloo - Guildford via Cobham or Charing Cross - Sidcup - Gillingham (not via Lewisham).

Of course, why is it masquerading as a fictional station?

Veteran Member
Havent got there yet but the canopies and box are similar to one or two New Guildford line photos online, and EPBs were allocated to the route in the 50s.

JohnR

Thanks. The only other time I've come across stations being temporarily given a fictional name is for a training film, or for a movie. But I dont recall this?

Deepgreen

Established Member
Oxshott for sure. 42 headcode was Waterloo to Guildford via Cobham. The preponderance of pine trees is a strong clue too, with the woods around the station being on sandy soil. As a child I used to go there to collect cones to burn on our open fire.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Thanks. The only other time I've come across stations being temporarily given a fictional name is for a training film, or for a movie. But I dont recall this?

The St. Trinian's Great Train Robbery film had a station renamed (Christ's Hospital became Longhampton, I believe). I saw Eridge being used for filming in 1985 and a few name signs were altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.