Here comes the storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Here they come. They hit the New Forest about 04:30, heavy rain and gale force winds. Lots of flooding so in turn expect lots of trains in trouble.
Don't panic Virgin, its only abit of rain........ hang on, better station thunderbirds everywhere knowing what Voyagers are like 8)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is a massive shortage of Voyagers at the moment. Apparently there have been several cancellations but well done to Virgin for hiring a Class 57 plus a full rake of Mk3s , which operated the 16.24 Manchester-Derby yesterday. The same could happen today.

Take a look at http://thejunction.fotopic.net/c684010.html

evil_hippo

There were flash floods in Appleby. I, being next to a river but tens of feet up, only noticed a waterfall down the window for about half an hour.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We must have it lucky here in the east. It may have rained a bit, but there certainly haven't been any major storms to report as far as I know. Though there is still time :roll: ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
I wander what the voyagers will be like at Dawlish, very high tides 60-70mph winds. Did they ever sort the problem where they used to cut out?

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
(In tomorrow's news)

"Pieces of red and silver plastic were found floating in the sea just off the coast of Dawlish this morning after last night's 70mph winds swept across the United Kingdom. It was later found out that they are parts of bodyshell from the new Virgin Voyager trains that were running late night services to and from Penzance.
More on this story later...."

devon_metro

Established Member
Royalscot said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4382200.stm

The seawall is getting to be a real problem now
Yes i saw this, i wonder if they will eventually have to route the railway around through dartmoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.