• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heres a Challenge for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Need some info...

at 21:30 Last night a 3 Car 144 with Passengers passed through Platform 8 (eastbound) at Huddersfield without Stopping.

This was very Strange - Anyone got any info on it? I thought it might be ECS but, A) Why did it have normal looking Passengers on board?

Thanks,
A Curious Ben. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern

May have been running late and had to skip a few stations. Southern sometimes run their London Bridge - Victoria service fast to Crystal Palace if it's running late.

Ben

Southern, Yeah but it shouldnt of evewn been there in the first Place Northern only operate West of Hudds to Manc Vic but the Service starts at Huddersfield.

Demps, Dont Spam its highly Annoying to me

1D53

Established Member
There is the 21.19 Northern from Marsden to Leeds which is normally booked a 144 but that is booked to stop at 21.30 in Huddersfield. Did it not stop further away out of sight, or maybe pass through and shunt back into a bay?

Ben

JsT said:
There is the 21.19 Northern from Marsden to Leeds which is normally booked a 144 but that is booked to stop at 21.30 in Huddersfield. Did it not stop further away out of sight, or maybe pass through and shunt back into a bay?
hmm yeah could have been, but dont the 144s stop at the Same Board as the 158s? I could clearly see the Front Cab of the 158s

BTW, I Was at The Irish Centre on Fitzwilliam Street so had a great View.

1D53

Established Member
158 said:
hmm yeah could have been, but dont the 144s stop at the Same Board as the 158s? I could clearly see the Front Cab of the 158s

BTW, I Was at The Irish Centre of Fitzwilliam Street so had a great View.
Not sure. 144's are shorter than 158's though. Huddersfield does have variances though in stopping, especially on P8, I've been on trains that have stopped with the back just in the platform , likewise I've had trains that have thundered all the way down to the signal at the end of the platform!!

1D53

Established Member
There was a TPX 158 in the sidings this morning, not seen TPX units in sidings before.

Ben

JsT said:
There was a TPX 158 in the sidings this morning, not seen TPX units in sidings before.
I saw 2 3 Car Units there last Summer. :)

1D53

Established Member
That isn't all that common. Its because Hull services that are delayed can be easily turned back at Huddersfield to make up time.

TPX have a service thats meant to terminate at Huddersfield now - 17:00 from Hull terminates at 18:21 and is a Class 185 - it uses platform 1 though and heads straight to Manchester ECS!

Ben

JsT said:
TPX have a service thats meant to terminate at Huddersfield now - 17:00 from Hull terminates at 18:21 and is a Class 185 - it uses platform 1 though and heads straight to Manchester ECS!

Thought it terminated at Leeds?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
158 said:
Thought it terminated at Leeds?

Not any more, as of the new timetable (11th June) it runs through to Huddersfield also calling at Dewsbury.

1D53

Established Member
laverack222 said:
Not any more, as of the new timetable (11th June) it runs through to Huddersfield also calling at Dewsbury.
Hull 1700
Brough 1712
Selby 1731
Leeds 1756-1800
Dewsbury 1811
'Uddersfield 1825

Status
Not open for further replies.