• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hexham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Nice, i'm sure those bright blue sandite thingys will soon be a very different colour!...:flower:

Jordy

eezypeazy

Now, that first pic, my friend, is something I've never seen.... presumably, the 156 was on a service terminating at Hexham, then pulled forward into the loop to allow the frieght to pass, before returning to platform two?

Is this sort of thing a regular occurence?

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member
Nice shots. Shame anything interesting on the Tyne Vally usually runs during the day when I'm at work :roll:

Now, that first pic, my friend, is something I've never seen.... presumably, the 156 was on a service terminating at Hexham, then pulled forward into the loop to allow the frieght to pass, before returning to platform two?

Is this sort of thing a regular occurence?
Sometimes happens when a freight runs behind the stopper as there's a 10 minute-ish headway between Hexham and Haydon Bridge, so holding the freight until the stopper returns east would delay the Carlisle service. Most freight follow the Carlisle unit, but sometimes they're late or two run in the same hour.

Clear as mud?

Status
Not open for further replies.