• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hi guys, very happy to find this forum. I'm wondering if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandarez

Hi guys, very happy to find this forum. I'm wondering to apply for driver( overground) trainee myself.
Is there a age limit, because I have 45, maybe I'm to old.

Thanks a lot

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Hi guys, very happy to find this forum. I'm wondering to apply for driver( overground) trainee myself.
Is there a age limit, because I have 45, maybe I'm to old.

Thanks a lot

Not normally no, plenty of people older than yourself have started as trainee drivers.

Dave Tasty

Hi Gandarez,

I have sat all the tests and am now in a talent pool waiting for a course to start training, I am almost 51. It appears that the railway industry does not have an issue regarding age. I have read other threads on this forum where people have been well into there fifties and started training. Don't let age put you off. Good luck.

mumrar

Established Member
I've just started my rules course for depot driver with Chiltern Railways and one of the other successful candidates is 51, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.