• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Higher fare when engineering work forces a diversion (GA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be3G

Established Member
Well, what do you know!

Got a letter in the post this morning, where they 'looked at the case in greater detail' and decided to give me rail vouchers for £2.60 as a goodwill gesture.

Thus, GA is clearly not admitting its mistake, or acknowledging the fact that it can't make people pay more, and will presumably continue to do nothing to resolve the problem happening again during future engineering works.

Hmph. The engineering works are still ongoing and I bet a lot of people are therefore overpaying. I wonder if it'd be worth you phoning up the Oyster helpline not to request a refund, but just to complain to them about GA's attitude in the hope that perhaps TfL can have a word with GA about how to use the Oyster system properly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rich McLean

Established Member
I would make London Travel watch aware personally, even with getting that "Goodwill gesture", as like you said, it will more than likely happen again, and deprive other passengers

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thus, GA is clearly not admitting its mistake, ...

In that case I suggest contacting London Travelwatch, as GA are effectively saying that they will overcharge you next time, as well as overcharging anyone else who travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.