• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Highest bus station in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
What is the highest bus station in the UK, and what height above sea level? My first thought is Oldham which is around 200m above sea level.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
What about the bus stand at Pen-y-Pass, Snowdonia, Gwynedd, at 360 metres?

Depends how you define a "bus station" I suppose, but three or four services terminate at/start from there. There's also a cafe and a Youth Hostel!

johnnychips

Established Member
The highest football ground above sea level is West Bromwich Albion, followed by Boundary Park Oldham. So if West Bromwich has a bus station, it may be higher.

I would define a bus station as having dedicated buildings and facilities more than shelters, so Pen-y-Pass wouldn't count. Nor would Buxton Market Place, at about 300m asl as it has no facilities, even though a lot of buses use it.

Liam

Established Member
East Kibride is quite high up, parts of it are over 200m.

317 forever

Established Member
The highest football ground above sea level is West Bromwich Albion, followed by Boundary Park Oldham. So if West Bromwich has a bus station, it may be higher.

I would define a bus station as having dedicated buildings and facilities more than shelters, so Pen-y-Pass wouldn't count. Nor would Buxton Market Place, at about 300m asl as it has no facilities, even though a lot of buses use it.

West Bromwich does have a bus station. Mind you, a new one was built south of the town centre to replace the old one and interchange with Midland Metro.

tbone

Ashbourne bus station is just a shelter with an adjacant public toilet, and yet that is refered to as a bus station, which is quite frankly farcical, it really lets down the town and is a miserable place to catch a bus from

johnnychips

Established Member
Ashbourne bus station is just a shelter with an adjacant public toilet, and yet that is refered to as a bus station, which is quite frankly farcical, it really lets down the town and is a miserable place to catch a bus from

Agreed - and the toilets are not wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.