• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Highland Chieftain Catering

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Im thinking of doing an ALR 7 day first class rover in August or half term holidays, and thinking of using The Highland Chieftain southbound from Aviemore on a weekday,and was wandering if the full English breakfast is served on the train? as it would be served between Inverness and Perth.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Im thinking of doing an ALR 7 day first class rover in August or half term holidays, and thinking of using The Highland Chieftain southbound from Aviemore on a weekday,and was wandering if the full English breakfast is served on the train? as it would be served between Inverness and Perth.

I find looking at the relevant website (eastcoast.co.uk) is usually the quickest way to get an answer. I found all this in 90 seconds.

From http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/on-board-our-trains/food1/complimentary-food-and-drink/
Breakfast
Early birds travelling before 9.30 can count on a Great British breakfast served at their seat.
- the train departs before 0930 Monday - Saturday

See also page 2 of the Southbound Monday-Friday timetable (http://static.eastcoastcdn.co.uk/cd...outh timetables/june2012/monfrisouthbound.pdf) This shows that passengers joining at Inverness, Aviemore and Kingussie and travelling for at least 70 minutes will get the free breakfast

stuart

I can personally vouch for "yes" - except on the mornings the crew is not provided with enough food and run out, or when the kitchen equipment in the catering car is defective. The words "count on" in the advert don't apparently encompass these possibilities!

What you can rest assured of, is that the crew will do their best to make your journey as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.