• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hillmorton Junction Down Main reopening to trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagull

Following a two week closure after a landslip caused the complete closure of the Down Main at Hillmorton, south of Rugby, and a 20mph speed restriction on the Up Main, word is that the line should reopen tomorrow (Saturday 13th February) at 06.00 a.m.

Which will mean the temporary re-timing to Avanti departures from London Euston to allow for the extra 10-15 minutes the Northampton diversion cost, are being reverted back to the "normal" or 4 trains per hour timetable.

Considering the height of the embankment the trains run on at that location, and the amount of material that looked to have been shipped in to remedy the slip, I think Network Rail have managed to do pretty well to get it sorted out in the time. Especially given the past few days of sub-zero temperatures and intermittent snowfall.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 170101

Established Member
Following a two week closure after a landslip caused the complete closure of the Down Main at Hillmorton, south of Rugby, and a 20mph speed restriction on the Up Main, word is that the line should reopen tomorrow (Saturday 13th February) at 06.00 a.m.

Which will mean the temporary re-timing to Avanti departures from London Euston to allow for the extra 10-15 minutes the Northampton diversion cost, are being reverted back to the "normal" or 4 trains per hour timetable.

Considering the height of the embankment the trains run on at that location, and the amount of material that looked to have been shipped in to remedy the slip, I think Network Rail have managed to do pretty well to get it sorted out in the time. Especially given the past few days of sub-zero temperatures and intermittent snowfall.

Actually surprised NR are opening the line tomorrow in some ways. Would have thought they might have gone for 05:00 Monday. However I suppose it means NR aren't paying for delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.