• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Historic Eurostar Arrival Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

richa2002

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm currently having a problem with Eurostar in regard to claiming delay compensation. I was travelling on the 09:22 St Pancras - Paris (booked arrival 12:47) on 10th September which I know for a fact arrived at 13:50. This was corroborated by both my phone and on-board clocks, and the fact I missed my 13:55 connection at Paris Gare de l'Est...! Eurostar are claiming it arrived at 13:44 and as such is not eligible for compensation. Is there any way at all of proving them otherwise or will they successfully wriggle out of their obligation? From what I can see, there's no French equivalent of Real Time Trains or the like.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Realtime trains shows these services, and indicates the arrival time of your train as being 13:45. If you want to check for yourself, the code for Paris is PBN.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
RTT shows it as 63 late leaving St Pancras and 58 late at the Network Rail/Eurotunnel boundary, but doesn't show the actual arrival time into GdN unfortunately, just an estimate.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L10456/2018/09/10/advanced

Looking on http://www.infolignes.com/ gives an estimated arrival time of 1347. (Whilst it won't let you choose a historical date from the calendar, you can alter the relevant parameter in the address bar once you get the results page up).

Root cause of the delay was a Security Alert at Calais-Fréthun it seems.

richa2002

Established Member
Thank you for the replies. 13:45 was indeed an admirable prediction when we were at say Lille, but we were held twice outside Paris which added to the delay and isn't taken into account in the above sources.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Realtimetrains cannot in this case give any accurate indication as to what time the train arrived. The latest time the train would have been logged in the datafeed would have been just before the Channel Tunnel, so it cannot take into account anything that may have happened after that on the way to Paris.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I should have said that I don't know how accurate that RTT arrival time was.

Status
Not open for further replies.