• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Historic Line Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmacd

Does anyone know where I can find historic line maps? By this I mean post-1950 individual London Underground line maps - i.e. the ones above the doors on the trains and at stations.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Don't know of any websites which have them, other than TfL's which only has current ones. There are, however, quite a few examples on display at the LT Museum Acton if my memory serves me right (no idea if that's of any use to you mind!).

Derek

I bought a few from somone selling them at the LT Museum Acton about five years ago, might have just been a one off though.

compsci

I haven't been in the poster store at Acton yet, but expect that there will be plenty of maps in there. It's a stop on the weekend tours, see here. I would contact the museum if you have an even vaguely convincing research request, they might be able to arrange copies or to take you in at some other time.

gmacd

Thanks for your replies - they are really helpful. Please keep them coming in if you get any more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.