• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

History Of Crewe Electric Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
G'day everyone,

Whilst I was still a 'spotter in the early 1980's I seem to recall a train driver telling my friends and I that the depot was going to close in the near the future. Clearly the depot is now open for business so I'm interested to know whether the depot did indeed close before reopening at a later date.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Richmond Commuter!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Crewe Electric has never closed for a period in the past 30-40 years - it's one of the few that seems to have survived throughout!

Crewe Exile

Can see this question has already been answered, never closed while I had an active interest in the railways. The leccie depot always seemed to be forgotten about hidden away on the Line out to Chester, while the diesel depot was in full public view from the station.

Harbornite

Established Member
G'day everyone,

Whilst I was still a 'spotter in the early 1980's I seem to recall a train driver telling my friends and I that the depot was going to close in the near the future. Clearly the depot is now open for business so I'm interested to know whether the depot did indeed close before reopening at a later date.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Richmond Commuter!

Sure he wasn't referring to Crewe Diesel, which did close and was used to store surplus EWS Class 60's, but has since been reopened for steam/ diesel maintenance and overhaul by LNWR heritage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.