• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hitachi Rail depot at Doncaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExTankieAaron

Hello everybody,

I have applied for the role as team technician at the new Hitachi Rail depot at Doncaster. I am trying to get some background knowledge for my interview on the 22nd.

The biggest and most critical of questions is what would the salary be per year. I currently work nearby in the rail industry (where some famous trains where built) and I know those wages as well as a mechanical fitter for DB Schenker when I applied there.
Secondly what shifts would I expect. I have beenot to bounds green where it's pretty much nights and weekends but I have heard a rumour Hitachi will run continental shifts? Currently on 8 hour 3 shift rotation.
Lastly I know they are running the Azuma next year 2017 so if they said yes to me next week would I expect training as it's a pretty advanced train.

That's all for now if anybody could get back to me I'd appreciate it greatly and when I go and get all this information I'll reply to this to let you all know.

Thanks
Aaron.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hello.
Ok so as of today this is what I know from the mouths of Hitachi.
Their will be a 802 class at some point... who knew.
4 on 4 off shifts 11hrs 40min long. 3 weeks of nights 1 week days. They changed the role name yesterday but I never knew so I went for lead technician. Doncaster will be the flagship depot as the college is here or will be here.
wages in region of 35.5k a year.

Aaron.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nevillehill

Hello everybody,

I have applied for the role as team technician at the new Hitachi Rail depot at Doncaster. I am trying to get some background knowledge for my interview on the 22nd.

The biggest and most critical of questions is what would the salary be per year. I currently work nearby in the rail industry (where some famous trains where built) and I know those wages as well as a mechanical fitter for DB Schenker when I applied there.
Secondly what shifts would I expect. I have beenot to bounds green where it's pretty much nights and weekends but I have heard a rumour Hitachi will run continental shifts? Currently on 8 hour 3 shift rotation.
Lastly I know they are running the Azuma next year 2017 so if they said yes to me next week would I expect training as it's a pretty advanced train.

That's all for now if anybody could get back to me I'd appreciate it greatly and when I go and get all this information I'll reply to this to let you all know.

Thanks
Aaron.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hello.
Ok so as of today this is what I know from the mouths of Hitachi.
Their will be a 802 class at some point... who knew.
4 on 4 off shifts 11hrs 40min long. 3 weeks of nights 1 week days. They changed the role name yesterday but I never knew so I went for lead technician. Doncaster will be the flagship depot as the college is here or will be here.
wages in region of 35.5k a year.

Aaron.
Are you only interested in the money?

ExTankieAaron

that was a typo it's 25.5k a year and no I'm after a secure job with a future. currently agency near by with poterbrook breathing down our necks. Jobs are on the line at where I am now.

But wages is critical really with this referendum looming and so I need to know if I should jump ship to better money. yeah the shifts are harder and longer but being ex forces and what I have done in past its really not concerning.

Easywriter

Hi

Does anyone know the phone number for the Hitachi Rail Doncaster Carr depot?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.