• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hitchin to Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunderhead

Could anyone help me with this fare? An off-peak return between Hitchin and Bournemouth is £49.45 with a Network Railcard. Is there any way I could make this journey with a walk-up fare for less money, e.g. through splitting? The destination doesn't need to be Bournemouth, it could be any station between Hamworthy and Christchurch, if that makes any difference at all. Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Returning a different day I assume?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Hitchin - Brighton
Route +Any Permitted
Off-Peak Return Restriction 5M
£28.65

Brighton - Bournemouth
Route Via Barnham
Off-Peak Return Restriction 4B
£17.80

Cheaper but slower.

trc666

Hitchin - Wimbledon (route CAMDEN ROAD) £20.25
Brighton - Bournemouth (route NOT VIA LONDON, valid via Clapham Junction I believe) £25.90

£46.15 total

Dunderhead

Thank you both very much for taking the time to work this out. It's not a huge saving but every penny counts!

Out of interest, if I were instead purchasing Advance tickets, would the best splits be the same or might they be different?

[Mod Note - Split to form new thread here.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.