• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hoekse Lijn Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlbertBeale

Established Member
I got to try the new HvH metro link a couple of weeks back, en route from London to Hamburg. All very modern and swish, but a bit disappointing compared to the old days when there were "proper" railway carriages sitting there next to the boat to take you, direct, half way across Europe...

Also, waiting a while to set off - on one of those old long-distance connections - was fine; but standing on a windy platform for half an hour (it was a weekend, and I'd just missed a metro, which is only twice hourly at weekends) felt a bit of a let-down.

But at least the through sail-rail ticket from London was fine for the metro as well as for the subsequent regular Dutch trains.

On Moderation
If the above is correct, this is actually a major change in policy and should be challenged.
For my part, I'm travelling that route on IR the week after next, and if I am required to buy a ticket I shall complain to Interrail and seek a refund of the amount paid.

Did you pay ?
Were you successful in a refund claim ?

dutchflyer

Established Member
IR has never ever a garantee that it remains valid on all routes as on start of the year-railways may also simply close down lines or nowadays more often they get run by another non-IR accepting company, like much in PL or CZ.
The ´official´ website of IR is full of errors, mistakes and incomplete info. Its just a good introduction to the world of non-UK state and strikeprone railways.

37201xoIM

Did you pay ?
Were you successful in a refund claim ?
Afraid to say that I did pay but couldn't be bothered to make a complaint, as I sometimes I spend half my professional and personal life arguing with train operators....! Sorry.

Dutchflyer, what you say is certainly right - it's just that in this case I and others have a beef with having been given assurances that IR would be accepted. In future, given that to be honest the IR discount on the ferry itself is actually not that modest really, I will keep the Hoek route for times when your eponymous ticket is appropriate! The Dutch Flyer is certainly good value for Peterborough - Hengelo, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.