• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Holding pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth43

Thanks W320, I am in two minds whether I will even get an assessment date, I applied last November also and have been on hold with the promise to be considered when the next assessment dates come through. two assessments have passed since and still no date, very unhappy at the moment :sad:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beveridges

Established Member
Hi Beveridges,Wow, now I am seriously biting my nails!.Was any of the two applications you didn'y hear anything back from part of the First group Toc?.

You'll be pleased to know they weren't First Group TOCs! I'm not bothered though about being rejected as I'm already a Depot Driver/Shunter so I'm in no rush to go mainline

W230

Established Member
Thanks W320, I am in two minds whether I will even get an assessment date, I applied last November also and have been on hold with the promise to be considered when the next assessment dates come through. two assessments have passed since and still no date, very unhappy at the moment :sad:
I can understand the annoyance. Did you specify a particular depot? When I applied i went for the no preference option hoping that it might help me to be flexible. If they ever finally offer me an actual job then i'll have to relocate anyway so I decided it didn't really matter where I worked! Got my medical next week though so i'm trying to be optimistic that once that's out of the way I might actually know where i'm working and when I might start! But until I have a piece of paper in my hand telling me those facts I won't hold my breath!

Gareth43

Hi W320, no I did not specify a location where I live I can cover Bedford, Peterborough, Hitchin, or Kings x, all of which i can be at within 60 min but hitchin is the nearest just 5 min away. was this a mistake to not select a location? Should I call HR and let them know my preferences.

And by the way well done for getting that far I wish you the best of luck. :)

Last edited:

W230

Established Member
was this a mistake to not select a location? Should I call HR and let them know my preferences.

And by the way well done for getting that far I wish you the best of luck. :)
Thanks! Fingers crossed i'll know a bit more by the time i've completed my medical. I doubt it's a problem - I didn't specify a depot either as I didn't really mind as i'd have had to relocate for all of them anyway.

W230

Established Member
Hi w230,
How did the medical go?
Cheers for asking Gareth. I passed all the things on the day so am only waiting results of my drug screening (which i'm not worried about). They said that they usually come back the next day but obviously due to the Easter break this will hold things up. Just want to be given a start date so at least I know when i'm working towards!

Gareth43

Thats great, best of luck to you in your new career I hope all goes well for you and you get your start date fairly quickly.

Dano28

Thats great, best of luck to you in your new career I hope all goes well for you and you get your start date fairly quickly.

Hi Gareth/W230,

Congratulations on your successes, I have a drivers manager interview coming up in 2 weeks and am trying to prepare as best as I can (hence this post).

I wonder if you could give me any advice on the structure of the interview, how much I should find out about the company etc... The second part is what worries me the most, I'm frantically finding out as much as I can but am worrying I won't have found out enough or the right info..

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Dan

W230

Established Member
I wonder if you could give me any advice on the structure of the interview, how much I should find out about the company etc... The second part is what worries me the most, I'm frantically finding out as much as I can but am worrying I won't have found out enough or the right info..
When I had mine it seemed like more of a general job interview like you would have for any job. They asked me to tell them a little about FCC then went on to ask about how I would deal with certain situations (ie - delays, awkward passengers etc).

It's a much more relaxed and friednly interview than the one at OPC was although make sure you don't let your guard down, just try and be relaxed!

Dano28

Think that's always the hardest bit, staying relaxed, especially having got so far with only two more stages standing between me and a potential job offer...

Thanks for the advice though!

Status
Not open for further replies.