• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Holidays/breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
dvn1357 said:
:o:o:o

I'm highly offended; whats wrrong with Perran sands? Maybe you can call Newquay a s*** hole (which it is :lol:) but not Perran Sands.

Newquay's OK to visit, but not stay for long.

As for Perran Sands, what's wrong with it? EVERYTHING! It's as bad...no, wait, sorry, WORSE than Yeovil!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

Best place to go on Holiday in the UK is definatly The Isles of Skye. The scenary is just spectacular. Driving distance, well, you can live driving 80 miles ish just to a decent supermarket? Don't forget the 80 miles back..... From what I can remember, the nearest supermarket is Safeways in Inverness.

Very very few Buses, No Trains, Little Traffic, Spectacular Views, Ferrys, Mountains, Sea's and Ocean, Nobody around for miles and miles and miles and miles... What more could you ever need?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds very nice actually! So long as you're not in a hurry to get away, got own transport to/from places there and got plenty of supplies in, it would be a brilliant scenic holiday! Certainly very different to the usual holiday destinations!

*Adds Isle of Skye to holiday wish-list*

EDIT: I'm working for the DfT! :lol:

jdjonnay

The Newquay KFC has bouncers of a night! :lol:

And why go to BK when there's a Maccy Dee's up the road? ;)

(Although it is a bit of a slog when you're pished. About 5 miles from the town centre).

I'm from Padstow, don't know if you know the area at all. I was always in Newquay for a bit though, my motorbike basically had its own parking space near BK it was there that often :lol:

T

Tom

WSXFan said:
Sounds very nice actually! So long as you're not in a hurry to get away, got own transport to/from places there and got plenty of supplies in, it would be a brilliant scenic holiday! Certainly very different to the usual holiday destinations!

*Adds Isle of Skye to holiday wish-list*

EDIT: I'm working for the DfT! :lol:
Best way to get there is to go to Kyle of Localsh (sp?) and to get a taxi over the bridge. ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Mine would have to be staying in Benidorm, in February 2004. It was cold, the hotel was too big, the indoor pool was full of sand, the outdoor pool nearly killed me when I jumped in, and I got a stomach bug when I ate too much at a scruffy McDonalds! :mad: 8-)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
You need a holiday, even if it's only for one week a year, to get you through the other rubbish 51 weeks! Can't imagine not going away for a few days every year, I'd go mad! How my brother has done it for the last few years I don't know. Maybe I should hurry up and get going on holiday with him as I've been promising...

Status
Not open for further replies.