• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Holidays/breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
OK, where is the worst place you have had a holiday/break before.

I know Seth had a very exciting time last week, over to you to explain sir;)
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Mine has to be 2 nights in bham at travelodge, painfull

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I could see this coming! :roll: ;)

Yep, I have just returned from a holiday in Yeovil, one of the most boring places in the entire universe. This was made worse by stumbling across Jim & feltham2104 on a 159 at Sherborne, who decided to indulge in 10 minutes of pi$$ taking between there and Yeovil Junction regarding my unfortunate holiday destination. ;)

T

Tom

Seth had a great time in YEOMANSVIL.

I had a great time in BOURNESLAVERYMOUTH.

Jim

Established Member
Seth said:
I could see this coming! :roll: ;)

Yep, I have just returned from a holiday in Yeovil, one of the most boring places in the entire universe. This was made worse by stumbling across Jim & feltham2104 on a 159 at Sherborne, who decided to indulge in 10 minutes of pi$$ taking between there and Yeovil Junction regarding my unfortunate holiday destination. ;)
Actually, we got on at the stop before, at Templecombe;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Probably Paris. It's impossible to get around with a wheelchair, the attractions were incredibly poor, the Eiffel Tower was just a rusty piece of metal that had a very long queue to go up, the price of everything was overly inflated, the inhabitants are very rude and frankly it was boring.

The best holiday? Hmm, hard to judge. Probably Hopton-on-Sea holiday place near Great Yarmouth (the first time I went - the 2nd time I had the flu and had to go home after 2 days :()

Jordy

Established Member
My worst holiday was probably one to France, where I caught 'chryptosporidiosis' (its as nasty as it sounds) from a swimming pool :mad:

If you want to know what it is, wikipedia it!

EDIT: Fine, wiki doesnt know what it is, try this

Jordy

Jim

Established Member
Oi you 2. We are not that bad company.

Who fancies a meet in Yeovil, Seth, come along;)

Craig

Established Member
Oban in 1988. I was on a 37 hauled service with one of my many cats when someone decided to throw a box at my head. It was my own fault though, I was wearing shorts and a stupid hat.

I got my own back in the end by giving them a load of misspelt abuse and making several unfounded and false accusations about them.

Hmm, maybe that wasn't me :lol: <D

Not really bad holidays, but I've stayed in a few dodgy hotels/B&Bs, the worst ones being in Kilwinning and Crewe :?

Coxster

Established Member
If you're saying what I think you're saying Craig you'll have an admin out :p

Umm worst hol....
1) my aunty went phyco in greece and me and my mum had to travel 300 miles to find a hotel.
2) i was pushed into a deep pond my my cousin when i was 9 and split my head off a rock
3)My other cousin tryed to drown me when camping somewhere.....
4) fell down a small cliff camping with my cousin and broke both my arms 4 fingers 3 ribs my knee and ankle on the right and my foot on the left......

Coxster

Established Member
Victoria-Louise said:
2) I was pushed into a deep pond my my cousin when i was 9 and split my head off a rock.
3) My other cousin tryed to drown me when camping somewhere.....
4) Fell down a small cliff camping with my cousin and broke both my arms 4 fingers 3 ribs my knee and ankle on the right and my foot on the left......
Woah! I'm never leaving the house in fear I bump into your cousin!

devon_metro

Established Member
LOL Yeovil!!! Did you watch the football team lose?? :lol:

It's bad enough going through Somerset on the M5! But staying there. Seth is mad.

David

Established Member
Yes. and despite just returning from a six week lay off, he is still the leading goal scorer in the league... :p

Guinness

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
Yes. and despite just returning from a six week lay off, he is still the leading goal scorer in the league... :p

Must say something about Scunthorpe then ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Dear me Seth...I alighted a 159 there once to tick it off, I DON'T want to go back! It's borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! Surely a trip to somewhere exciting like Exeter would have been better during the day at least?

Worst holiday, due to weather and nothing better than arcades to do all week, my vote there goes for the holiday to Perran Sands, near Newquay. NEVER again, it sucked!

Best one would probably be the Welsh-Anglo-Scottish meet of November 2004. Still reigns supreme, along with the FoSW 2005.

devon_metro

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Dear me Seth...I alighted a 159 there once to tick it off, I DON'T want to go back! It's borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! Surely a trip to somewhere exciting like Exeter would have been better during the day at least?

Worst holiday, due to weather and nothing better than arcades to do all week, my vote there goes for the holiday to Perran Sands, near Newquay. NEVER again, it sucked!

Best one would probably be the Welsh-Anglo-Scottish meet of November 2004. Still reigns supreme, along with the FoSW 2005.
:o:o:o

I'm highly offended; whats wrrong with Perran sands? Maybe you can call Newquay a s*** hole (which it is :lol:) but not Perran Sands.

devon_metro

Established Member
jdjonnay said:
Cheers now.

Jon (10 minutes from Newquay)

Technically thats not Newquay :p

But just look at the Burger King there, and the 'mock up' or should i say 'muck up' of their version of KFC :rolleyes:! But ya can't beat it fro the surf shops!

Status
Not open for further replies.