• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Honiton to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccadilly

I am due to travel to London tomorrow for the day - but have just found out South West trains are on strike!

I did intend to catch the train to London Waterloo - but now must use the bus replacement service to Yeovil.

The problem is - only one train travels back to Honiton from Waterloo tomorrow evening.

So can I travel from Paddington to Honiton on the same ticket tomorrow evening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When did you buy the ticket, what ticket do you hold, what itinerary do you have?

piccadilly

Sorry I was going it buy the ticket st the station in the morning.

Is there a particular ticket I should buy ? - I was hoping to pay about £46 using my senior railcard.

piccadilly

I think there is a bus replacement to Yeovil at 08.46 from Honiton - but coming back there is also a bus replacement but only one train from Waterloo to Yeovil in the evening.

So I would like to return from Paddington.

piccadilly

Thank You.

So I can travel to Waterloo and return from Paddington on the same ticket?

embers25

Established Member
Note that the option to travel via Exeter only applies on strike days.
Note that Exeter St David's refuse to sell cheaper SWR routed tickets on strike days. The ticket office and station manager both were adamant that the guidance from SWR only applies to tickets already purchased. Even though it doesn't.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Note that Exeter St David's refuse to sell cheaper SWR routed tickets on strike days. The ticket office and station manager both were adamant that the guidance from SWR only applies to tickets already purchased. Even though it doesn't.
I always find things like that amusing; surely it's trivial just to buy a ticket online/via an app and then collect it via ToD, or simply use the TVMs?! It's as booking office clerks like that simply want to accelerate their own demise!

piccadilly

I bought a Waterloo off peak ticket at Honiton in the end.

Then bus to Exeter and then onto Paddington.

Honiton and Paddington ticket clerks told me I could use it even at peak times due to the strike.

Currently on the 16.33 from Paddington but not sure what time it arrives in Exeter!

piccadilly

Thanks - I have asked the taxi to pick me up at Exeter.

At least I can give him a time now thanks to your help!

The train destination published on the train overhead LED though is Paignton!

Status
Not open for further replies.