• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hoovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikar

50031/49 have been cleared to run regular timetabled
services as from the summer changes.

Services to be worked are:-

Cardiff to Fishguard & return (SX),
Cardiff to Manchester (FO evening),
Manchester to Holyhead & return (SO),
Manchester to Cardiff (SUN)

The route certificate was obtained by Network Rail yesterday.

Real traction !!

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
Fantastic. Is another trip to north west Wales called for ?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Wow this is fantastic news! That Friday evening run to Manchester would be nice :D

Sprinter

This is great news, good to see ATW going back to providing some interest in rolling stock in Wales.

This will get me out to north and west Wales me thinks!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Proper traction finally!! :D:D I'm in for this.. 50S ALL THE WAY!
dubdubdubdubdubdubdubdubdubdubdubdub

Techniquest

Veteran Member
F**K ME! 50s on some seriously cool runs! Me thinks an All Wales Flexi Pass will be required for this!

I'm DEFINATELY doing these as soon as they begin! 50s in Wales....Now my drool buckets are beyond full! BRING ON THE THRASH!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like its a trip to north and south wales this summer then :p

ikar

Just recived this:

Hi all,
Further to my earlier posting about Deltics in Scotland this year, the SRPS
website has now been updated to show the Lincoln tour on 8th December as
being hauled by 55022.
Best Regards,
Andy Hoskins
Falkirk

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's an All Wales Flexi Pass time me thinks...Anyone able to check whether a Chester to Manchester Stations CDR is valid via Crewe and Stockport as well as via Warrington and Altrincham? Should be really.

A super long bash I foresee here. Once times are released, I'm well up for a huge meet on this lot. I'll draw up a rough plan then so as to figure out how to manage it all without suffering serious exhaustion...

David

Established Member
I can see a Thursday - Saturday meet coming up, overnighting at Cardiff (Thursday night) and Manchester (Friday night), and maybe a bit of a pub crawl somewhere along the line.....

Techniquest

Veteran Member
lol, might be an idea in there HP!

Currently, I'll be on the 0902 (current time) to Cardiff, 1055 (again, current time) to Fishguard, 1335 (current time) back, hopefully be back at the right time for the 50 up to Manchester, stop overnight in a B+B/hostel (will book that in advance!), get up bright and awake for the 50 to Holyhead, returning on it as far as possible before getting a bog unit to Hereford and bus home! Long two days there...

EDIT: Will be changing that already, as I need to incorporate the Ffestiniog Railway into it this time, as I didn't do it when the diesel was on it last time! Maybe a long THREE days.

David

Established Member
FGWFan said:
lol, might be an idea in there HP!
Aye. I do occasionaly get ideas (no comments please everyone....) but my current plan is to get a 4 in 8 Flexi Pass, do some line bashing Wednesday, 50's to Fishguard and back on the Thursday, something to fill the morning on the Friday before I get the 50 to Manchester, and on Saturday, Manchester to Holyhead and back.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If I did it I would probably do the Fishguard Run one day and the Holyhead another (from Warrington)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds good that lot! I'll be getting the 4 in 8 Flexi Pass myself. The 4 in 8 is £55 for the full adult fare, as this'll be going on during the peak summer season. Do it all a week before, it costs £45 (around £30 Y-P)!

Status
Not open for further replies.