• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hoping to upgrade to First Class (Chiltern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom73

Got a Standard Class single for the 06:05 London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street for early Monday morning travel in around ten days time. Is there any chance of being able to upgrade to First Class? I am hopeful as I am travelling against the flow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Got a Standard Class single for the 06:05 London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street for early Monday morning travel in around ten days time. Is there any chance of being able to upgrade to First Class? I am hopeful as I am travelling against the flow.
Chiltern don’t have First Class...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If it walks like a duck, if it quacks likes duck.......

Quite. If it *wasn't* First Class, First Class tickets wouldn't be accepted on it without payment of the supplement. Despite that web page not mentioning it, they are.

Whatever you call it, it's a higher standard of accommodation than Standard, with 2+1 seating, in a vehicle that in its previous life carried a yellow stripe, and where an additional payment is required for travel therein....quack quack! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.