• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby Limited Edition Class 466 In Stock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ert47

Just popped into my local ModelZone (Croydon) just to have a gander and to find out when the new 2012 livered 395 set will be available. Just to start a random convo, I asked whether they had info on when the long promised 466 would actually be in stock

Lo an behold, it turns out that they just had a delivery of 24 3 hours before I arrived!

Funnily enough 20 of them have been reserved for customers which doesnt really leave much for people who feel a bit spontaneous! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting one, but i bet it has the same tiny motor the others ones had.

Correct, it does have the same motor. :)

The only reason I went out and got one is mainly because I am a major Class 465/466 fan, and I love Network SouthEast.

Just got it out the box and most of the unit is brilliant quality and detail. The only minor fault I could find was the headlights which are a tad bit out of shape.

FlyingScot

Awesome! I do love network southeast and the 466 are one of my fav electrics so this may be a bit of a no-brainer. 2 questions though:

1:How much does one cost?
2:When are the 2012 olympics javelins coming in?

Crusader of the 00-gauge rails,Flyingscot.

Fincra5

Established Member
Awesome! I do love network southeast and the 466 are one of my fav electrics so this may be a bit of a no-brainer. 2 questions though:

Crusader of the 00-gauge rails,Flyingscot.

Costs £94.99 which is £20 more than the SouthEastern ones cost...

ert47

Unfortunately the assistant I spoke to wasnt aware of the special 2012 395's :( But the modelzone site still says June 2010...

Costs £94.99 which is £20 more than the SouthEastern ones cost...

Really!? :( Were the SET livery limited edition? I want one...

I have to settle for a Kent set up as i missed the Bachmann Southern 171 :(

Fincra5

Established Member
Unfortunately the assistant I spoke to wasnt aware of the special 2012 395's :( But the modelzone site still says June 2010...

Really!? :( Were the SET livery limited edition? I want one...

I have to settle for a Kent set up as i missed the Bachmann Southern 171 :(

Well i have one, i just replaced the motor and i need to short out the wiring to it :) But otherwise it works.

Electrostar

The Modelzone website says the Networker is highly-detailed. Does this mean it includes the anti-climb steps on the front cabs as pictured, and added to the prototypes to stop train-surfing after the original Hornby model was released?

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/modelzone_exclusive_class_466_networker_network_south_east-details.htm

Photo on The Railway Centre website (not mine!) of a 465 (not 466) as delivered with original step.

http://www.therailwaycentre.com/Pages EMU/Recognition EMU/IllusEMU_465_466.html

Fincra5

Established Member
Anyone got any Pics of this new model? I would like to see if it is worth the money, on the detail front :)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
The Modelzone website says the Networker is highly-detailed. Does this mean it includes the anti-climb steps on the front cabs as pictured, and added to the prototypes to stop train-surfing after the original Hornby model was released?
http://www.modelzone.co.uk/modelzone_exclusive_class_466_networker_network_south_east-details.htm

Photo on The Railway Centre website (not mine!) of a 465 (not 466) as delivered with original step.

http://www.therailwaycentre.com/Pages EMU/Recognition EMU/IllusEMU_465_466.html
I don't think this model includes anti-climbing steps, and is like the original Class 465/466 cabs. :)
Anyone got any Pics of this new model? I would like to see if it is worth the money, on the detail front :)

It is a VERY good model, well worth getting one it is highly detailed and worth every penny. Only tiny minor fault as mentioned before is the lights which are a tad bit out of shape but still look like a Class 465/466s (You'll have to look at a model to see what I mean) but altogether worth every penny. :)

FlyingScot

If anyone is interested I put the older model (466040) next to the newer model (466031) to see if there were any differences using the "super macro" mode on my camera, really close pictures! There are a couple of minor differences but for the most part they are identical!

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/72755/CIMG6526.JPG
http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/72755/CIMG6527.JPG

Nice pictures you got there. I've noticed that the older model just have black boxes for lights however the newer one has actually glazed lights.

atomicdanny

Nice pictures you got there. I've noticed that the older model just have black boxes for lights however the newer one has actually glazed lights.

The older one does have lights that work, its just a darker plastic ;) (infact the lights are the same in both models, just the plastic is different)

The 158 Man

Shame the motors are so 5H1TE in them because otherwise they're reasonable models. :|

ert47

Older one is just brilliant and highly detailed, the newer one is quite crap compared to the old one. :)

I dont know... I like the look of the detail around the windows on the new model compared to the older one - not sure if thats due to wear...

I like the look of the new one but i prefer the headlights of the older version... methinks :p

atomicdanny

The 158 Man

The Bachmann Turbo wins hands down. ;)

As for the headlights on the Networkers, the older ones look better I reckon. :)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
The Bachmann Turbo wins hands down. ;)

As for the headlights on the Networkers, the older ones look better I reckon. :)

I also agree.

Bachman Class 166 wins hands down detail wise. I may consider getting one now, if I can get my hands on one. :)

I was thinking on the new model Class 466 if I carefully painted a black lining around the lights, would it look like the older version?

Status
Not open for further replies.