• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Horse boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

billio

Does any one know of any sources of information and/or photographs of railway horse boxes used to carry race horses and polo ponies around the country prior to the 2nd World War ?.

I am particularly interested in LNER services, but any information would be useful as I have not been able to find anything on the subject up to now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mvann

There has been some bits in both British railways illustrated and by lines. There was also a piece in steam railway about the repaint of the horse box at the nrm a few years ago.

billio

LNER society - thanks, I have posted a message.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There has been some bits in both British railways illustrated and by lines. There was also a piece in steam railway about the repaint of the horse box at the nrm a few years ago.

Thanks. These publications have their indices online so I have been able to identify the relevant issues. So now I am off to NRM Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.