• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Horsham - Dorking - Victoria Cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Several cancellations on this route this morning owing to what RTT stated was, in each case, a "Planning Error". Out of interest, what is the term likely to mean in this case? Bus replacements laid on for the morning peak, and possibly beyond.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IrishDave

Looking at the advanced view on RTT, it gives the delay code as TI, which is listed as "Traincrew rostering problem" in the Delay Attribution Guide (full list of codes here). In my experience when TI is used it's typically announced as "a shortage of available train crew" or similar, so it appears Southern were/are particularly short of drivers (or possibly guards) this morning.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Looking at the advanced view on RTT, it gives the delay code as TI, which is listed as "Traincrew rostering problem" in the Delay Attribution Guide (full list of codes here). In my experience when TI is used it's typically announced as "a shortage of available train crew" or similar, so it appears Southern were/are particularly short of drivers (or possibly guards) this morning.

Yes - noted, thanks. I suppose they decided to cancel the whole peak service and put buses on instead. Great!

tsr

Established Member
There have been a number of driver rostering issues of late. In turn this occasionally also causes problems for conductors' diagrams, though I don't think this occurred on this occasion. Some of the diagrams for this route are surprisingly tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.