• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Horsham to Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
Sometime in July (during the week) I will be travelling from Horsham to Windsor. Outward journey will be with the most direct route possible (changing at Clapham Junction).

During the day (from about 10:30 until 16:30) I will be visiting Windsor.

On the return journey, I plan on doing a much longer detour. My planned route is: Windsor - Staines - Virginia Water - Weybridge Woking - Guildford - Redhill / Gatwick Airport - Horsham.

Will my off-peak day return ticket from Horsham to Windsor (costing £18.50 due to 16-25 Railcard discount) allow me to do such detour mentioned above? The only restriction will be that the ticket will not be valid for travel via (changing trains or passing through) London Terminals.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
The only permitted routes are WX+SC and WX+LB, neither of which allow you to go via Guildford.

It isn't within 3 miles of the shortest route either, even if using the cut off at Dorking.

Last edited:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Windsor to Horsham via Staines, Virginia Water, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford and Dorking should be valid via the shortest route / three miles rule. Not so sure about going on via Reigate though.
Isn't the shortest route supposed to be without a walk between stations?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Isn't the shortest route supposed to be without a walk between stations?
I was wrong in any case because the shortest route goes via Kingston (which is about 48 miles). Therefore, going via Guildford (about 54 miles if using Dorking Deepdene / Dorking) isn't valid at all.

Going via the permitted route via Gatwick / Clapham Junction is slightly more than 54 miles but that isn't relevant.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
An off-peak day return from Horsham to Egham (£16.80) and another from Staines to Windsor & Eton Riverside (£3.95) is probably what is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.