• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hotels in Hamburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Good afternoon

I'm looking to spend a weekend in Hamburg towards the end of March, mainly to visit Miniatur Wunderland. I've been there before and stayed at the Ibis hotel near the station, but as the beds there were too hard for my liking I'd rather not stay there again.

Are there any other hotels either near Wunderland or nearby members would recommend?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farci

If Ibis isn't your thing there is a bunch of less-fashionable but comfortable hotels around Hauptbahnhof-Innenalster area. As with most German cities starting your seatch at the central station and careful reference to Trip Advisor or one of the aggregators (Hotels.com, Booking.com) can produce a gem. The metro sytesm is so good that you don't need to look around Wunderland which is higher price

Spoorslag '70

When I was in Hamburg last year, I was very pleased with "Hotel Garni Süderelbe" in Harburg (very close to Harburg Rathaus with very frequent S-Bahn trains to Hamburg, taking under 20 minutes). It is however neither close to the MiWuLa or especially cheap, but had very nice beds (and lots of single rooms if that's your thing).

On Moderation
Good afternoon

I'm looking to spend a weekend in Hamburg towards the end of March, mainly to visit Miniatur Wunderland. I've been there before and stayed at the Ibis hotel near the station, but as the beds there were too hard for my liking I'd rather not stay there again.

Are there any other hotels either near Wunderland or nearby members would recommend?
Last time I stayed in Hamburg, I used the InterCity Hotel at Altona. There also appear to be InterCity Hotels at Dammtor and Hauptbahnhof. As they are located near stations, they are handy for the S-bahn.

Having used several IC Hotels around Germany, I've always found them to be fine.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I stayed at Best Western Raphael Hotel Altona which is next door to Hamburg Altona.

Drsatan

Established Member
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

I've booked through Expedia two nights at this hotel

It's fairly close to the city centre and in a good location overlooking the Alster. A walk to Wunderland is about half an hour.

I have just seen that they have the Premier Inn in Germany! I didn't realise they were an international chain! They have a Hamburg hotel - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/germany/hamburg/hamburg/hamburg-city-zentrum.html - with rooms advertised from 39.00EUR per night. I have always really liked the Premier Inn in the UK so will have to try this one next time i am in Hamburg (or another city with one of their hotels in Germany).

Veteran Member
I have just seen that they have the Premier Inn in Germany! I didn't realise they were an international chain! They have a Hamburg hotel - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/germany/hamburg/hamburg/hamburg-city-zentrum.html - with rooms advertised from 39.00EUR per night. I have always really liked the Premier Inn in the UK so will have to try this one next time i am in Hamburg (or another city with one of their hotels in Germany).

Well worth knowing - especially if the headline price is available. Looks like they've gone for the Travelodge trick of top-of-an-office-block, and I hope the triple glazing is efficient as it's on a very busy road.
Conveniently located too for rail users. Seems to be one in Frankfurt (by the Messe) and Munich (end of a long tram line).

Groningen

Established Member
Direct outside Hbf in Hamburg there is a room for 122 euro and that is Europaischer Hof. Hotels start at about 90 euro a night. No warranty for the price.

darloscott

When I went there I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - but it depends what your chosen hotel program is. IHG offer an easy way to build status quickly even for the leisure traveller. It was just near the St Pauli station (and football ground) only a few stops from the centre of town.

507 001

Established Member
I stayed in the Park Hotel right next to Berlinertor station. It was really nice, and not that expensive IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.