• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hove or Brighton to Edinburgh Single Cheapest Ticket with splits

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Friend is wanting to travel Hove (can also board at Brighton if needed) to Edinburgh on Monday 2 September. Any time of day is fine. Ideally not arriving in Edinburgh too late (say before 10am or 11pm at the latest) but happy to travel anytime any route for the cheapest fare. Disabled Person's Railcard held.

Trainsplit is giving cheapest fare of £44.10 but I wonder if this could be beaten. I've told my friend to look at Hove to London, London to Crewe with WMT/LNW and then Crewe to Edinburgh with VT.

Any one any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I think your best bet (if your friend does not mind a really long time on the train) is Southern to Watford junction or Milton Keynes central, then West Midlands from there to Liverpool Lime Street. Then the 15.45 to Edinburgh, changing at Wigan and Lancaster, and on which there is an £18 Advance fare. In which case the total fare with a disabled railcard is £25.90.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trainsplit offers a £28.85 combination departing 1103 if you specify via Liverpool and avoiding Virgin Trains.

Edit: you can actually get it down to under £20 if you specify via: kpa & Liv in advanced options, departing 1133.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190811-172034.jpg
    Screenshot_20190811-172034.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

alistairlees

Established Member
Trainsplit offers a £28.85 combination departing 1103 if you specify via Liverpool and avoiding Virgin Trains.

Edit: you can actually get it down to under £20 if you specify via: kpa & Liv in advanced options, departing 1033.
That’s to Glasgow central, not Edinburgh.

I can get TrainSplit to give me £26.55 to Edinburgh on the 12.03 from Brighton, going via London and Liverpool.

gray1404

Established Member

Edit: you can actually get it down to under £20 if you specify via: kpa & Liv in advanced options, departing 1033.

@yorkie Are you still able to get it to display a fare for under £20? I can't seem to get that one?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes I can, I have attached a screenshot showing the advanced settings; try this:

To: EDB
Date 02/09/19
Time: depart after 1100
go via: KPA
also go via: LIV
Exclude selected: Virgin Trains

Itinerary involves 6 trains: BTN-CLJ, CLJ-MKC, MLC-CRE, CRE-LIV, LIV-PRE, PRE-EDB

Attachments

• advanced search.jpg
    advanced search.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 32
  • btn-edb.jpg
    btn-edb.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.