• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How can I do a very Awkward Journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'd say the best way would be Ely to Manchester to Oxenholme to Windermere.

I'm not sure about fares.

me123

Established Member
Singles are £64, Saver return £77.20, SOR £97.80. Might be cheaper fares by going through a specific route though (If there are Advance Purchase Tickets for a particular section, for example).

I'm Getting the following journey plans on Thetrainline:

Ely-Nuneaton-Crewe-Lancaster-Windermere (More changes, but an hour quicker than)
Ely-Birmingham NS-Oxenholme Lake District-Windermere

There's a return service from Windermere-Manchester Oxford Road-Ely as well, but i can't get that as an ourward leg :?

1D53

Established Member
EMT advance Ely - Man Picc
TPE advance Man Picc - Windermere

Probably

P156KWJ

Established Member
definatley split at Manchester, like doing a journey like Nottingham to Edinburgh for example, you'd split em at grantham

Jordy

Established Member
If you book far enough in advance you can take advantage of these fares

Ely - Manchester: £15 single
Manchester - Windermere: £7 single

Thats a total single journey cost of £22, if you want a return, £44

Those fares only apply if you book in advance - ideal time to book is 3 months before travel when the tickets are first released.

If you can give us a rough idea of date/time then we may be able to help more, also, will you be returning the same day?

Jordy

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As Jordy says, a lot more info is needed (but also tell us how flexible you are over dates and times) before we can give a useful response.

I can only imagine you don't have a railcard, and that you aren't travelling back in the same day, and that you aren't travelling before 0900 M-F (a lot of assumptions there - please correct me...) in which case the SVR fare is £73.70*...

With such a wide range of routes available, it is no easy task to calculate the best fare, and indeed it does depend on whether you have a preference for a particular route and also what day you are travelling (engineering works, etc) and what time, but I am confident we can drastically reduce that price to a much lower level.

Over to you...!

(* NFM95, out of date now)

Status
Not open for further replies.