• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do I download from UKTrainsim??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle73

On Moderation
It says I'm queue position 1 of 23 and nothing's happening! It's been like this for ages.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deltic1989

Established Member
The download will happen eventually but it will take ages that way. If you want immediate downloads then what you have to do is sign up for a premium account, it costs £3 per month and the downloads happen straight away otherwise you will be stuck in the queue for hours

Bungle73

On Moderation
But if it says I'm in position 1 then surely I'm at the front of the queue?

I've given up on that one and am trying another.

deltic1989

Established Member
Yeah but that means position 1 behind the download that is happening now. If the person downloading now has a slow comnection and is downloading a huge file like a route then it will still take a while.

Darandio

Established Member
Although many don't necessarily agree with it, I don't mind the system of paying for premium downloads, I generally pay £12 (I think) for 6 months at a time. When you consider the amount of content you can get, it's worth it I reckon.

However, it may also be worth noting which file you are after. Sometimes they are hosted at alternative sites depending on the author.

Harbon 1

Good tip: if your looking to download the freeware packs (those massive packs with reskins etc.) they are avalible to download directly ie. no waiting, from another website :D

chris89

Established Member
Good tip: if your looking to download the freeware packs (those massive packs with reskins etc.) they are avalible to download directly ie. no waiting, from another website :D

Many do have them for other sites. But on UKTS are directly updated though.

Just for £3 having a month subscription is recommend though.

For the packs i do suggest the WCML N Scenario pack though.
http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=28476

* Not at all biased for suggesting even though have two scenarios & tested it :P

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.