• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long are TPE currently taking to process refunds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
How long are TPE currently taking to process ticket refunds? I posted my tickets back to them on 23 March 2020 and I have not heard anything back from them yet? I also emailed some more tickets back to them (as they are now accepting by email) on 29 March 2020. Does anyone know how long they are currently taking to process refunds?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
How long are TPE currently taking to process ticket refunds? I posted my tickets back to them on 23 March 2020 and I have not heard anything back from them yet? I also emailed some more tickets back to them (as they are now accepting by email) on 29 March 2020. Does anyone know how long they are currently taking to process refunds?
Everyone is taking weeks at the moment. That's because there's a lot of refunds to do. Patience.

westv

Established Member
This is the disadvantage with a paper ticket - if you have collected it you have to post it back before anything can be done regarding a refund.

Haywain

Veteran Member
This is the disadvantage with a paper ticket - if you have collected it you have to post it back before anything can be done regarding a refund.
Except that you don't have to at present.

sheff1

Established Member
I made a claim on 24 March. I received a confirmation which said "we will process your refund claim within 28 days" (my bold).

General Zod

I had Advance paper tickets which were bought online and collected from a TVM. I applied for a refund today and as part of the refund process was asked to cut my ticket(s) in two and to email their refund department the photo as proof.
refund.jpg

robbeech

Established Member
I had Advance paper tickets which were bought online and collected from a TVM. I applied for a refund today and as part of the refund process was asked to cut my ticket(s) in two and to email their refund department the photo as proof.
View attachment 75994
More and more are getting on board with this idea, it makes perfect sense, sadly there are still a few to go, including third party retailers, some of which are still just refusing outright to refund tickets.

alistairlees

Established Member
More and more are getting on board with this idea, it makes perfect sense, sadly there are still a few to go, including third party retailers, some of which are still just refusing outright to refund tickets.
Can you provide examples?

xydancer

Everyone is taking weeks at the moment. That's because there's a lot of refunds to do. Patience.
Remarkably, Avanti processed a batch of mine inside three hours of submitting them yesterday. I have no idea how they pushed to the front of the queue (I still have earlier requests outstanding).

trainophile

Established Member
TPE tweeted yesterday that they would not be handling postal packages for some time, due to not enough staff in the office. However they assure that we will get our refunds once sufficient staff are back in.

_toommm_

Established Member
@gray1404 Ive just received notification of 2x Advances being refunded from TPE. Took them just shy of a week, and they’re saying 3-5 days for it to hit my bank.

wellhouse

Claim for refund on 10 tickets (including several £2.00 special offers) submitted online and tickets posted 24th March
Refund Confirmation emails received 2nd April
Refunds received 2nd April

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Where do I stand on uncollected tickets?

Applied for refund on three bookings not yet collected about three weeks ago. They're still "awaiting refund".

Established Member

Applied for refund on three bookings not yet collected about three weeks ago. They're still "awaiting refund".
You wait for it to be refunded just like everyone else. It will take as long as it takes...

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
You wait for it to be refunded just like everyone else. It will take as long as it takes...

It was more that some are saying they submitted after I did and have received refunds already, so I wondered if I'd done anything wrong. I'm aware that it is a waiting game and so long as it gets done eventually I'm not bothered.

D.K.TAYLOR

Sent 9 requests for refund about 2 weeks recieved yesterday full refunds inc there £1 offers stated 5 days for payment to be received

londonbridge

Established Member
Sent in a claim to Gwr on April 3rd, got email acknowledgement saying allow upto 28 days, tickets are still showing in my account as "booking complete/you cannot ammend this booking"

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor

I received the money yesterday for one of my CrossCountry refund applications. Receipt of the request was confirmed on 27 March. The application was sent on 23 March. 3-4 weeks seems about right for the current circumstances.

gray1404

Established Member
I received my latest TPE refund (notification of refund) 15 days from application. Money hit bank account a couple of days later.

jtuk

Just as a data point, I've just received notification that they've processed a refund that I set up online on March 26th, which I'd have needed to post the tickets back for which I did no later than the day after. Not a peep out of EMR, to who I sent a ticket back to for a similar refund at the same time (which is the one I'm actually interested in, being worth at least a crate of beer rather than half a bottle).

edit - the TPE refund hit my account a day after posting this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.