• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how long before thetrainline "timesout"

Status
Not open for further replies.

class303

Hi,

I found a dirt cheap 1st class advance for about £33, bargain i got as far as credit card details to book ticket. but then i thought i'll buy it on EMT instead of thetrainline and save £1 booking fee (stingy i know). by this time it had already given me seat numbers etc. then i look on EMT and the same ticket is some £200 more expensive!! i guess the £33 was the last 1st advance.

I went back to thetrainline but it now quotes the same as emt. although in a box to the right of a screen is a summary of the original £33 fair complete with seat numbers etc. but there is no way for me to pay for it!

so my question is how long does TTL wait without payment before timing out and (hopefully) freeing up the cheap tickets and seat number.

pretty annoying as in trying to save myself £1 i'vce cost myself over £200.

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In a recent topic 4 days ago it was confirmed that reservations expire after 2 hours.

WebTIS sites will actually give you the time that the seats are reserved until. Thetrainline sites do not.

As for Thetrainline, they charge fees, so you will save more than £1 by purchasing it from the EMT site.

However a saving of £1 wouldn't be enough for me to defect from using EC to using the EMT site, for various reasons.

I would go into your web browser settings and delete the cookies for those sites. You may find that the cheap ticket reappears.

class303

thanks i tried deleting my cookies but to no avail and nothing in my basket on TTL after logging in again. aaaaaaagh! can't say i'm confident about the 1st advance being available after 2 hours either. we shall see....

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I would go into your web browser settings and delete the cookies for those sites. You may find that the cheap ticket reappears.
That won't work.
Remove the £33 fare from your Trainline basket. It should then appear on the EMT site.
Unfortunately there is a problem with Thetrainline powered sites, as mentioned in Problems booking Leeds-Scarborough tickets and selecting seats where, if you log in to your account having already added a ticket to your basket, you may find the ticket has not been transferred to the basket associated with your account.

My advice is to log in to the website before adding the ticket to the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.