How long does it take to get GWR refunds at the moment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Par

As noted in post #27 above, I placed my refund request in two weeks ago. Still no refund (which in all honesty I wasn’t expecting yet), but got an email today, basically saying “don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten you” and going on to explain that refunds are currently taking 29 days on average and not worry, it’s on it’s way. Totally relaxed on this.

My Avanti refund, claimed on the same day, hit my account yesterday.

londonbridge

The tickets I had refunded were for tomorrow (May 22nd).......today I get the automated 'information about your journey'/'P...., you're all set for your journey tomorrow' type email. Presumably there's no/little cross referencing and the fact a booking has been cancelled isn't enough to prevent the info about your journey emails being sent out at the time the journey was scheduled to be made.

Par

Still waiting on my refund, will be 5 weeks tomorrow since submission, had an email on 2nd May saying taking an average of 29 days (not sure if that’s including or excluding weekends?) and not to worry “we haven’t forgotten you” I have to say I’ve gone from relaxed to concerned, given that their website in now saying the current average wait is now down to 23 days.

Thoughts anyone?

Cletus

Established Member
The relevant GWR webpage says 26 days currently. Before I found the link, I tweeted them and sent them my refund email reference. They replied that my refund was in their system, so at least I know I'll get it eventually.

The other refund I requested from a different company was put back on my credit card the following day though.

Par

The relevant GWR webpage says 26 days currently. Before I found the link, I tweeted them and sent them my refund email reference. They replied that my refund was in their system, so at least I know I'll get it eventually.

The other refund I requested from a different company was put back on my credit card the following day though.

They’ve acknowledged I’m in the system, but in the queue, guess I’ll just have to patient, but it will be 35 days tomorrow, a know that includes a couple of bank holidays.

Not on Twitter, so can’t chase up that way.

Established Member
I've just recieved a refund for a planned journey in early April. So it's taking nearly 2 months for them to pay by the looks of things at the moment.