How long from ST Pancras to High Barnet

Discussion in 'London Underground' started by Ladder23, 22 Oct 2019.

1. Ladder23

Ladder23 Member

as above guys via the northern now long should this take?

I’m running a tight schedule in the morning trying to work out times.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Lewlew

Lewlew Member

4. Ladder23

Ladder23 Member

I can get off thameslink low level and walk to the northern line with ease right?

5. AlbertBeale

AlbertBeale Member

With ease, but not that quickly! It's a hike.

If you're on Thameslink anyway, surely quicker to stay on and change to the Northern at Kentish Town (it's the right branch of the Northern there)? If you're at St P otherwise, then presumably easiest to trot across to the Northern Line at KX and do it in one go on the tube, given that the Kentish Town interchange isn't that short.

I'm not clear how the earlier reference to the Victoria Line is relevant! (Oh, I see, is it one of those daft ideas from Google, that scourge of the internet...)

On the Northern - once you're on the platform at Kings Cross, I'd assume a journey time of up to 30 minutes to High Barnet, although it could be a bit longer if you have to get one heading to the other branch and change at Camden Town.

6. BJames

BJames Member

7. rebmcr

rebmcr Established Member

8. Tetchytyke

Tetchytyke Established Member

The search result isn't as daft as it might at first appear. In the morning peak, all Bank Branch northbound trains go to Edgware. You'll need to change at Euston or Warren Street (hence the Victoria Line), or at Camden Town, for High Barnet.

If you're on TL stay on it to Kentish Town and change there. If you're not you'd be as well served walking to Euston and getting a northbound Charing Cross branch train there directly to High Barnet. Journey planners say 35 minutes, I'd allow at least 45.

9. gordonthemoron

gordonthemoron Established Member

Do all TL services stop at Kentish Town?

10. Tetchytyke

Tetchytyke Established Member

No, of those heading up the MML about one third do. But it's possibly quicker to wait at STP low level then schlep over to Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras tube. Depends on the exact timing.

11. jumble

jumble Member

I have not done this enough to be confident it is a pattern but have encountered a few Thameslink Cancellations at Kentish Town recently