• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long from ST Pancras to High Barnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
as above guys via the northern now long should this take?

I’m running a tight schedule in the morning trying to work out times.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ladder23

Established Member
I can get off thameslink low level and walk to the northern line with ease right?

AlbertBeale

Established Member
I can get off thameslink low level and walk to the northern line with ease right?

With ease, but not that quickly! It's a hike.

If you're on Thameslink anyway, surely quicker to stay on and change to the Northern at Kentish Town (it's the right branch of the Northern there)? If you're at St P otherwise, then presumably easiest to trot across to the Northern Line at KX and do it in one go on the tube, given that the Kentish Town interchange isn't that short.

I'm not clear how the earlier reference to the Victoria Line is relevant! (Oh, I see, is it one of those daft ideas from Google, that scourge of the internet...)

On the Northern - once you're on the platform at Kings Cross, I'd assume a journey time of up to 30 minutes to High Barnet, although it could be a bit longer if you have to get one heading to the other branch and change at Camden Town.

rebmcr

Established Member

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The search result isn't as daft as it might at first appear. In the morning peak, all Bank Branch northbound trains go to Edgware. You'll need to change at Euston or Warren Street (hence the Victoria Line), or at Camden Town, for High Barnet.

If you're on TL stay on it to Kentish Town and change there. If you're not you'd be as well served walking to Euston and getting a northbound Charing Cross branch train there directly to High Barnet. Journey planners say 35 minutes, I'd allow at least 45.

jumble

No, of those heading up the MML about one third do. But it's possibly quicker to wait at STP low level then schlep over to Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras tube. Depends on the exact timing.

I have not done this enough to be confident it is a pattern but have encountered a few Thameslink Cancellations at Kentish Town recently

Status
Not open for further replies.