• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long will it take Avanti to tidy up after Virgin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveM70

Established Member
Collected my ticket earlier for Edinburgh to Preston. Bought from Avanti's website, and an advance Avanti-only fare. Just noticed the physical ticket says "Avanti West Coast only", and then "16:52 Virgin Trains" for the service.

Surely this sort of stuff should have been tidied up ages ago, and is only going to confuse some people

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveM70

Established Member
Good question. Pretty sure it was a Northern machine at Manchester Victoria but I’ve been on my travels a fair bit recently and my memory is a bit iffy. My use of the word “earlier” was a bit vague too, it was last Thursday morning

alistairlees

Established Member
Good question. Pretty sure it was a Northern machine at Manchester Victoria but I’ve been on my travels a fair bit recently and my memory is a bit iffy. My use of the word “earlier” was a bit vague too, it was last Thursday morning
The data you see is to do with the issuer of the ticket (ie the owner of the TVM) rather than the retailer of the ticket.

plugwash

Established Member
I also got reservation coupons referring to "Virgin trains" from a northern TVM recently (in my case the tickets themselves were not operator restricted).

SteveM70

Established Member
The data you see is to do with the issuer of the ticket (ie the owner of the TVM) rather than the retailer of the ticket.

Ah right. So it’s a Northern thing then. I’m beginning to think I picked the ticket up at Littleborough rather than Victoria, but obviously it’s still one of theirs

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Collected my ticket earlier for Edinburgh to Preston. Bought from Avanti's website, and an advance Avanti-only fare. Just noticed the physical ticket says "Avanti West Coast only", and then "16:52 Virgin Trains" for the service.

Surely this sort of stuff should have been tidied up ages ago, and is only going to confuse some people
Any chance you can post an image of the ticket ?

danm14

Ah right. So it’s a Northern thing then. I’m beginning to think I picked the ticket up at Littleborough rather than Victoria, but obviously it’s still one of theirs
It's not only a Northern thing. I had this in July on an Avanti+Connections Advance ticket purchased from GWR and sent by post.

317 forever

Established Member
I had something very similar when I travelled from Heaton Chapel to Carlisle in June changing at Preston. I had booked the ticket on the Avanti website and collected it at Heaton Chapel. It included reference to the Virgin Trains timing from Preston.

100andthirty

It would be good if Avanti would tidy up after themselves. Standard Premier has started, yet the coaches are still marked 1st class. Only the antimacassars have been changed. I wonder whether this accounts for the small numbers in that accommodation?

Status
Not open for further replies.