• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How long would it take to receive the interview result at Network Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

keihonsam

Hi everyone! I had my interview at Network Rail 5 weeks ago and still haven't received any corresponding news back. I have already sent 3 emails to the interviewer (as I only have their contacts and they told me that I should receive the result a week after the interview) but still have no reply. May I ask how long would it take to receive the interview result normally? The position I applied is an Assistant Design Engineer. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gaerne58

I'm waiting as well but for a TOC, said I should hear back the following week but now almost 2 weeks on still waiting... Also just emailed today to ask if there had been any developments, probably jinxed it now.

keihonsam

I'm waiting as well but for a TOC, said I should hear back the following week but now almost 2 weeks on still waiting... Also just emailed today to ask if there had been any developments, probably jinxed it now.
I had another interview (also Assistant Design Engineer) at NR just 3 days after this one, and the interviewer just called me the next day, telling me that I am not their preferred candidate and also received an email telling me that unsuccessful. That's why I am quite confused that how come this one will take so long for the result.

Bigdriver

I waited 6 months to hear back got offered a job but declined it as a got a job doing the same thing with another rail company for more money worked out In my favour that time

C J Snarzell

Established Member
From reviewing posts on other threads, I think it's genuinely fair to say that the whole recruitment process for jobs in the rail industry is a very long slow process. I've got two live applications at the moment - one for Northern and the other is for Virgin. I'm frequently checking my e-mail and junk folder just to see if they've contacted me.

gaerne58

From reviewing posts on other threads, I think it's genuinely fair to say that the whole recruitment process for jobs in the rail industry is a very long slow process. I've got two live applications at the moment - one for Northern and the other is for Virgin. I'm frequently checking my e-mail and junk folder just to see if they've contacted me.
Same here, constantly logging into the portal page to look for any thing that may not have been emailed...

Status
Not open for further replies.