• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how many carriages on xc and is there unreserved seating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdrennan

Can someone advise if there are any unreserved seats on a xc voyager. I am on the 1100 on the 14th from Glasgow central. No reserved seats are available.I am assuming it will be only 4 carriages

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Can someone advise if there are any unreserved seats on a xc voyager. I am on the 1100 on the 14th from Glasgow central. No reserved seats are available.I am assuming it will be only 4 carriages

There is a few seats in Coach D nearest the luggage racks which are unreserved on a 220 (and 4-coach 221), you should be able to spot them as they don't have the display above them.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
For some reason this service was full and standing from Bristol last night.

This service is usually a 5-car Voyager, so I'd head to Carriage B.

When you say on the 14th, I assume you mean 14th March? If so, head to a ticket office and ask to reserve a seat (or tweet CrossCountry!)

Established Member
For some reason this service was full and standing from Bristol last night.

This service is usually a 5-car Voyager, so I'd head to Carriage B.

When you say on the 14th, I assume you mean 14th March? If so, head to a ticket office and ask to reserve a seat (or tweet CrossCountry!)

That's not that unusual for that service, especially in the middle of half term...

Established Member
On the last two journeys I've made on Cross Country (granted over six months, I avoid them like the plague) the reservation thing has been bust so it's
been a near free for all unless those on open tickets have been polite enough to give way to those turning up later and claiming their seats.

My advice is to relax but be ready to cope with a range of surprises.

route101

Established Member
Had a 4 car Voyager from Glasgow to Darlington on the 0900 on Saturday , managed to find free seats but noticed at Haymarket that someone must of reserved them so managed to nab some seats in another coach before mad rush at Edinburgh . Second time ive been someone has reserved seats , is it really that popular

plymothian

If all reservations are taken in advance, then you can try a TMR on the day. Text: "TMR GLC [Destination code] 1100" to 88008. If that throws back a not available, then you know the service if fully booked and you'll be scrabbling for an unreserved seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.