• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How much of the Underground map have YOU covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
I was thinking about how much of the London Underground map (including Overground and DLR) I've covered over the years. This is what I've done so far.

Bakerloo: Warwick Avenue to the Elephant.
Central: Shepherd's Bush to Debden (excluding the Hainault loop which I haven't touched so far)
Circle: All of it.
District: Tower Hill to Wimbledon, and up to Edgware Road.
Hammersmith and City: Hammersmith to Mile End.
Jubilee: Baker Street to Stratford.
Metropolitan: Aldgate to Baker Street :oops:
Northern: The entire Bank branch, and the Charing Cross branch up to Waterloo. Haven't been further north than Camden Town.
Piccadilly: Finsbury Park to Earls Court
Victoria: Vauxhall to Walthamstow Central
Waterloo and City: All of it. :p

I also did the old East London line back in August 2007, from Whitechapel to Canada Water. Quaint little line back then. I wish I'd been older to have had more trips on it before the upgrade, but hey ho. :)

Overground: East London line from Canada Water to Dalston Junction. North London line from Caledonian Road and Barnsbury, to Willesden Junction.

DLR: The entire original Stratford branch, Bank to Greenwich, and Poplar to Cusom House.

On Saturday, I have plans to go up to Archway on the Northern. After catching the number 41 bus to Turnpike Lane, I should clear a little bit more of the Piccadilly. And I intend to finally clear Tower Gateway, which I should have done back in February 2008. Got there on the day, and found out that the service had been suspended due to signal failure. <(

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I've covered all of it (LUL, DLR and LOROL) save Acton Town-Turnham Green on the District line.

crispy1978

Probably 150 stations, spent a day on the underground when I was a teenager doing loads of stations, but no real planning went in to it!

Buttsy

Established Member
All of the following:
Metropolitan, District, Central, Northern, Bakerloo, Jubilee, Waterloo & City, Hammersmith & City, Circle.
Need to do:
Piccadilly: Northfields - Heathrow
Victoria: Victoria - Brixton
Overground: Surrey Quays - Queens Road Peckham & Wandsworth Road - Clapham Junction
DLR: All apart from Tower Gateway/Bank - Stratford/Lewisham

ert47

Still got the majority of the North West of the network to do and the DLR to Beckton. Probably will do the Emirates Air Line this weekend

EDIT: Not sure about this weekends engineering works, but when I did the Piccadilly up to Cockfosters, I got the 384 bus over to High Barnet, could help you clear the lines faster! :)

Last edited:

starrymarkb

Established Member
All but the West Ruislip of the Central (including Ongar)
The whole District (if you count the parallel NSE & WLL oh and if you ignore the spur between Gunnersbury and Turnham Green)
Furthest extremities of the Northern line are Balham, Kentish Town and Colindale)
Victoria I've done as far south as Victoria (and the one time I did venture to Brixton I caught the bus from Victoria as I didn't fancy walking from Brixton to Mass in what I was wearing - yes I was going to Torture Garden)
Picc I've done Southgate to Heathrow
Complete Circle and H&C
Jubliee I've done Baker Street to Stratford (and possibly Charing X)
Bakerloo I've done Waterloo to Willisden Junc
Met I've done Aldgate to Amersham
DLR All bar Woolwich and Stratford Int branches (haven't been on it since they opened)

Clip

Established Member
I think Ive covered it all over the years of living here.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
underground:
done:
East London Line (was on the last day before closure)
Jublie from Stratford as far as Baker Street
victoria, Circle, Pickadilly as far as KX from Heathrow, Northern, Waterloo and City, Central as far as Stratford, Bakerloo from Embankment to Lambeth North, Met from Kings X to Barbican, same with H and S, District.

DLR:
DLR All bar Woolwich and Stratford Int branches

TRAMLINK:
COMPLETE

STILL HAVNT YET TOUCHED overground.

moogal

Bakerloo: Willesden Junction - Elephant & Castle
Central: Ealing Broadway - Leytonstone.
Circle: all
District: Upminster - Ealing Broadway, Edgware Road - Wimbledon, Earls Court - Kew Gardens. (so only Richmond and Kensington Olympia left)
Hammersmith & City: all
Jubilee: West Hampstead - Stratford
Metropolitan: Amersham/Uxbridge to Aldgate. (only Chesham/Watford branches left)
Northern: Totteridge & Whetstone - South Wimbledon via Bank, Edgware - Kennington (inc loop) via CX
Piccadilly: Turnpike Lane to Heathrow T5.
Victoria: Blackhorse Road - Brixton.
Waterloo & City: all
DLR: all
Overground: Stratford - Shepherds Bush, H&I - New Cross/Queens Road Peckham/Forest Hill, Barking - Blackhorse Road

SS4

Established Member
  • Bakerloo: All
  • Central: Mile End - West Ruislip & Ealing Broadway branch
  • Circle*: None
  • District: Earl's Court - Westminster
  • H&C*: Hammersmith - Baker Street
  • Jubilee: Finchley Road - Waterloo
  • Met: Uxbridge to Liverpool Street
  • Northern: Camden Town - Elephant and Castle (via Bank), Euston - Waterloo
  • Picc: Kings Cross to Uxbridge engineering works on the Met :cry:, Heathrow Branch to Hounslow West
  • Victoria: Victoria - Kings Cross
  • W&C, DLR, Overground, Air Line = none

* Shared track between Baker St and Liverpool Street counted as part of the Met.

Clip

Established Member
Still got the majority of the North West of the network to do and the DLR to Beckton. Probably will do the Emirates Air Line this weekend

EDIT: Not sure about this weekends engineering works, but when I did the Piccadilly up to Cockfosters, I got the 384 bus over to High Barnet, could help you clear the lines faster! :)

Actually scrub that comment below - I was looking at the wrong month and do believe it is running this weekend

No eastern branch n the DLR this weekend so if you were hoping to do that as well as the airline you're out of luck.

Last edited:

tractakid

I have been to every station on the tube map. In addition, I have done Battersea Park on the London Overground.

I plan on doing 270 of them again... on Friday!

Never been on the Tramlink though!

Or the stupid cable car... why is that even on the map? lol

Manchester77

Established Member
Bakerloo: All (even to Watford Junction when I was a kid!)
Central: Holborn > Eastwards including Hainult loop and Epping to Ongar in 88/89
Circle: All
District: Wimbleware Line, Kew Gardens to Barking
Hammersmith and City: Royal Oak to Kings Cross
Jubilee: Baker Street to London Bridge, Bond Street to Green Park (Charing Cross in 88/89)
Metropolitan: Aldgate to Amersham fast
Northern: All of Charing Cross and Bank Branches to Kennington, furthest north is Belsize Park and Mill Hill East
Piccadilly: Heathrow T5 to Kings Cross (and Aldwych branch in 88/89)
Victoria: All
Waterloo and City: None :oops:
Overground: ELL phase one (not Clapham Junction branch), NLL
DLR: Lewisham to Bank, Bank to Stratford

I also did the old ELL from Shoreditch to Canada Water in 88/89 I can't remember the year exactly!

I feel quite lucky I got to ride these branches that are now closed. I was oblivious in those days of their coming closure....

Polarbear

Established Member
I've covered all of the LU lines, including Ongar, Aldwych & Jubilee line to Charing Cross. Also the Bakerloo line as far as Harrow & Wealdstone (didn't do the extension to Watford Junction by tube).

I've also covered all of Croydon Tramlink and all of the DLR except the line between Stratford & Canning Town (but I did cover this in it's former life as part of the North London Line.

I need some of the new bits of the Overground (Dalston to Broad St was done in the day of 501's & 1 trip on a 313 to the single platform they had at Broad Street just before the line closed.

LE Greys

Established Member
Bakerloo - The lot
Central - Woodford-Shepherd's Bush (I never seem to have time to do the ends)
Circle - The lot, but not all at once and not necessarily on Circle trains (I'm still in denial about conting Hammersmith)
District - Most of it except Southfields-Wimbledon (I was watching the tennis that day), Ealing Common-Ealing Broadway (no idea why) and Barking-Mile End. Upminster was part of a big East London track bash I did once, and I was in a hurry to get back, so jumped on the LT&SR. :(
Hammersmith and City - Royal Oak-Mile End (same problem as above on one end, the other had more to do with the A4 coming into Paddington)
Jubilee - Everything except an annoying section between Canary Wharf and North Greenwich (too busy doing other things) and the Charing Cross spur (too young when it closed)
Metropolitan - Everything as far as Rickmansworth, then I ran out of Travelcard zones. Most was on the same Metroland track bash that covered Watford Junction, Stanmore and Uxbridge.
Northern - All but the Kennington Loop. Also contained in the Metroland track bash (bus between Edgware and Stanmore).
Piccadilly - King's Cross-Heathrow Loop and T5/Rayners Lane (I did Uxbridge on a Met train)
Victoria - Walthamstow Hoe Street-Victoria (never quite got round to Brixton
Waterloo and City - Done many times, a way to avoid the Northern when coming home from Waterloo
Overground - I've done the old NLL Richmond-North Woolwich, the GOBLIN when it still had 150s (worked in the WLL the same day) and the whole of Euston-Watford Junction (as a part of the Metroland track-bash). None of the ELL, though. Not sure why.
DLR - The lot, I track-bashed the whole thing with my mum when I was eight (1992), then repeated the process every time it expanded.
Emirates Cable Car - Got that too.
Other Routes - Thameslink and GN&City have both been on the Tube Map, so they count too.

stut

Established Member
Well, from memory...

Bakerloo: All
Central: All except Woodford - Epping
Circle: All
District: All except Barking - Upminster
Hammersmith and City: Hammersmith - Whitechapel
Jubilee: All
Metropolitan: All except Amersham
Northern: All
Piccadilly: All (and my goodness, isn't the trip up to Cockfosters a chore?) except Aldwych!
Waterloo and City: All, well, both :)

Overground: All in previous incarnations, including to North Woolwich. In new incarnations, all except points south of Canada Water
DLR: All

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've done the following, still plenty to cover;

Bakerloo: Marylebone to Waterloo
Central: Marble Arch - Epping / Hainault Loop
Circle: Complete (inc. Hammersmith)
District: Ealing Broadway - Tower Hill, Kew Gardens - Turnham Green
Hammersmith & City: See Circle - still need Liverpool St - Barking
Jubilee: West Hampstead - Stratford
Metropolitan: Complete (inc. Watford North Curve)
Northern: Kennington - Edgware / High Barnet (exc. Mill Hill East)
Piccadilly: Uxbridge - Wood Green / Heathrow (all Terminals)
Victoria: Seven Sisters - Victoria (plus Northumberland Park link)
Waterloo & City: Complete
DLR: Tower Gateway - Beckton / Bank - Greenwich / Stratford - Poplar

I'm intending to get some more done on my next visit to London.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Having live in London for most of my life and taking a keen interest with friends in completing as many lines as possible, it's not surprising I've done as much as I have, although more recent openings are as I'm less of a 'track basher' these days...

Bakerloo: All (but never Harrow & Wealdstone-Watford Junction)
Central: All (including Epping-Ongar just before closure, and since re-opening)
Circle: All, both ways round when it was a Circle and since to Hammersmith.
District: All
Hammersmith & City: All
Jubilee: All (including Charing Cross)
Metropolitan: All (including Watford North Curve and Chalfont plat 3)
Northern: All (including Kennington loop - I was legitimately asleep!)
Piccadilly: All (including Aldwych)
Waterloo & City: All
DLR: All (including original Island Gardens and Mudchute, and I think I could have done the third side to the Delta but can't confirm this...)
Overground: Richmond-Stratford, Gospel Oak-Blackhorse Road, Willseden Junction-Clapham Junction, Clapham Junction-Highbury & Islington, Crystal Palace-Whitechapel (also entire ELL pre-conversion)
Emirates AirLine: All

The missing Overground sections are now planned for this weekend...

gazzak

During my 4 year signal apprenticeship I covered it all. Living near Rayners lane at the time, I remember my week in Upminster well. I wish IPods had been invented back then!

I remember seeing a lot of disused stations when on nights, and having a good look around what were supposed to be Churchills temporary quarters during the war.

All of it as well. Managed to buy a ticket from every station as well over the years, including Blake Hall and Trafalgar Square. Priv. singles were only 6p in those days!!

ryan125hst

Established Member
Not much i'm afraid. :(

Circle: Tower Hill to Baker Street.
District: As above- where the Circle and Distric lines share tracks.
Piccadilly: It was 2003, but I think it was from Kings Cross to South Kensington as I went to the Natural History Museum. I was 8 at the time, so I don't know for sure.
Victoria: Kings Cross to Victoria.

Appaling really isn't it! :oops: My coverage of the National Rail network isn't any better. :oops:

I should have covered a bit more of the Underground after a visit to London this summer. I'm staying in Covent Garden and hoping to go to the Cutty Sark, so that involves a short trip on the Central line and a ride on the DLR! :D

JamesRowden

Established Member
Bakerloo: Paddington to Elephant & Castle
Central: Lancaster Gate to Stratford
Circle: All (Victoria to Tower Hill on District, Hammersmith to Paddington on Hammersmith & City)
District: Hamersmith to Upminster and West Brompton to Edgware Road
Hammersmith & City: All
Jubilee: Baker Street to Stratford
Metropolitan: Never been on a Metropolitan train but have done the parts that are common with the Circle
Northern: Kings Cross St Pancras to London Bridge
Piccadilly: Hyde Park Corner to Holborn
Victoria: Victoria to Kings Cross St Pancras
Waterloo & City: None
DLR: Been on it in the 90s but I can't remember what parts
London Overground: Never been on a London Overground service. Done Queens Road Peckham to Peckham Rye on Southern Metro Services. Done New Cross Gate to Norwood Junction on country services.
Emirates Air Line: None

Statto

Established Member
I've covered most of it.
Bakerloo, all of it.
Central Line West Ruislip & Ealing Broadway to Woodford & Gants Hill.
Circle Line all of it.
District Line Wimbledon to Edgware Road & Barking.
Hammersmith & City line all of it.
Jubilee Line all of it including when it went to Charing Cross.
Metropolitan Line Uxbridge to Aldgate not done Harrow to Amersham-Chesham-Watford.
Northern Line Morden on both branches to Mill Hill East & Edgware.
Piccadilly Line Cockfosters to Rayners Lane & Heathrow Loop not done Heathrow T5 or Uxbridge yet, although done Rayners Lane-Uxbridge on the Met.
Waterloo & City Line all of it.
DLR Bank-Tower Hill to Lewisham & Stratford.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've covered everything on each of the lines that appears on the publicly issued map, including multiple times where two different lines use the same tracks.

gazzak

During my 4 year signal apprenticeship I covered it all. Living near Rayners lane at the time, I remember my week in Upminster well. I wish IPods had been invented back then!

I remember seeing a lot of disused stations when on nights, and having a good look around what were supposed to be Churchills temporary quarters during the war.

Forgot to say, I've walked most of it as well, including all of the tunnels, (nights obviously).

One Sunday morning stranded on Covent Garden platform I walked through to Leicester Square during during running hours. I got some strange looks emerging on to the platform at Leicester Square. I wonder how many others have walked between stations on a tube section when trains are running?

Zoe

Established Member
Until the recent changes, how difficult was it to cover the section from Watford South Junction to Croxleyhall Junction?

Status
Not open for further replies.