• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How much of the Underground map have YOU covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trek

Time for an update :)

Bakerloo: Wembley Central to Willesden Junction (ok on an overground train but its about the track not the train right?) / Paddington to Waterloo.
Central: Ealing Broadway to Stratford
Circle: Hammersmith to Wood Lane / Paddington to Aldgate / High Street Ken to Edgware Road / Gloucester Road - Cannon Street
District: Ealing Broadway / Richmond / Wimbledon to Cannon Street (and I think I've been to Tower Hill but I've forgotten :() / Tower Hill to Aldgate East (that was pointless
Hammersmith and City: Hammersmith to Wood Lane / Paddington to Liverpool Street
Jubilee: Bond Street to Stratford
Metropolitan: Aldgate to Baker Street / Uxbridge to Rayners Lane (on a picc)
Northern: Tottenham Court Road to Leicester Square (no idea) / Angel to London Bridge
Piccadilly: Uxbridge / Heathrow T5 to Finsbury Park (nearly done!)
Victoria: Victoria to King's Cross St. Pancras
Waterloo and City: All 2 stops :)

Overground: Wembley Central to Willesden Junction / Gospel Oak to Richmond & West Brompton / South Tottenham to Gospel Oak

DLR: Tower Gateway / Bank to Cutty Sark / Prince Regent / City Airport and Stratford International to Canning Town branch

Emirates Air Line: All

Cos I feel like it here's some National Rail: (Only sub urban stopping services on the tube map cos fast trains defeat the point)
South West Trains: Brentford to Waterloo
Southern: North Dulwich to Streatham and Clapham Junction to Balham
First Capital Connect: City Thameslink to Wimbledon
Southeastern: London Cannon Street / London Charing Cross to Charlton / Victoria to West Dulwich / St Pancras to Stratford International
First Great Western: Paddington to West Drayton / Greenford
Heathrow Connect: Paddington to Heathrow
Greater Anglia: Liverpool Street to Stratford / London Fields

Last edited:

palmersears

Established Member
I've still got the following to do:

Bakerloo: Maida Vale to Harrow & Wealdstone
Central: West Ruslip/Ealing Broadway to White City & Stratford to Epping/Hainault Loop
District: Richmond to Gunnersbury
Hammersmith & City: Bromley-by-Bow to Barking
Jubilee: Finchley Central to Neasden
Metropolitan: Harrow-on-the-Hill to Amersham/Chesham/Watford
Northern: Camden Town to High Barnet/Mill Hill East
Piccadilly: Caledonian Road to Cockfosters
Overground: Clapham Junction to Queens Road Peckham / Clapham Junction to Kensington Olympia / Richmond to Willesden Junction / GOBLIN
DLR: Canning Town to Woolwich Arsenal

As you can see, it's mainly just the 'ends' and some missing branches of the Overground. I plan to get a fair bit of the missing links done in a couple of weeks when I have a day off, however I'm stumped as to how go about it route-wise.

Any suggestions chaps?

Last edited:

Cambus731

all of it apart from the recent Piccadilly line extension to terminal 5, and the Watford branch of the Metropolitan, the reason for that is that there is a curve allowing units to go straight from Amersham onto the branch, and it always used to be the case, (my imformation may be a few years out of date), that the only passenger train to traverse this curve left Amersham about 0530 AM
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh and I've never done the West London line from Willesdon junction to Clapham Junction.
And Stratford to Canning Town via Abbey road or the new river crossing there.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
all of it apart from the recent Piccadilly line extension to terminal 5, and the Watford branch of the Metropolitan, the reason for that is that there is a curve allowing units to go straight from Amersham onto the branch, and it always used to be the case, (my imformation may be a few years out of date), that the only passenger train to traverse this curve left Amersham about 0530 AM

It is still the case.

For a period of time last year, there was a scheduled movement at around 9pm, but this has since disappeared off the WTT.

Muzer

Established Member
If only it were more useful for the tube challenge, then I'd have a decent excuse to use it ;)

tsr

Established Member
If only it were more useful for the tube challenge, then I'd have a decent excuse to use it ;)

I think it has been done as part of Tube Challenges, but I can't remember which ones or the rest of their routes, nor what the timetables were for these challenges.

ert47

Finished work early yesterday and managed to finish the Northern Line (last station to do was Mill Hill East), the Central (Ruislip to Acton) and the DLR (Prince Regent to Beckton)!
Did the Piccadilly: last week, travelling down to Heathrow. Used the free interchange offered by Heathrow Express as an excuse to travel on the 332s and 360s.

Just have the Overground from Harrow & Wealdstone to Watford Junction and then the Metropolitan from Harrow on the Hill to Amersham, Chesham and Watford.

I've still got the following to do:

Bakerloo: Maida Vale to Harrow & Wealdstone
[*]Travel up to Harrow on Bakerloo, then get bus from the station down to Harrow on the Hill, can do Metropolitan from there
Central: West Ruslip/Ealing Broadway to White City & Stratford to Epping/Hainault Loop
[*]No real shortcuts for Epping/Hainault Loop.
District: Richmond to Gunnersbury
[*]Could be done after DLR (getting SE train from Woolwich to Waterloo East (might need change at London Bridge/Lewisham), use SWT to Richmond, District Line, up.
Hammersmith & City: Bromley-by-Bow to Barking
[*]Noticed you haven't done the GOBLIN
Jubilee: Finchley Central to Neasden
Metropolitan: Harrow-on-the-Hill to Amersham/Chesham/Watford
Northern: Camden Town to High Barnet/Mill Hill East
[*]There is a bus that links High Barnet and Cockfosters together (384 I think), however it goes all around the houses
Piccadilly: Caledonian Road to Cockfosters
[*]see Northern
Overground: Clapham Junction to Queens Road Peckham / Clapham Junction to Kensington Olympia / Richmond to Willesden Junction / GOBLIN
[*]After doing the District to Gunnersbury (reversal back to Richmond?), get Overground to Willesden, OG back down to Clapham Junction then SLL
DLR: Canning Town to Woolwich Arsenal
[*]See District, could even be done after H&C, changing at West Ham

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Established Member
My tube coverage isn't great. :oops:

Bakerloo
: Lambeth North to Kensal Green
Central: Liverpool Street to Bethnal Green
Circle: All of it (Victoria to Kings Cross was completed last year; I was ''avoiding the crowds on the Victoria Line'' with my Grandad ;))
District: Victoria to Tower Hill
Hammersmith & City
: Paddington to Kings Cross
Jubilee: None of it.
Metropolitan: Aldgate to Amersham (but no branches yet).
Northern: Leicester Square to Waterloo
Piccadilly: Kings Cross St Pancras to Leicester Square
Victoria: None of it
Waterloo & City: None of it.

Overground: None of it
DLR: None of it.

Was hoping to go to London this summer to do a bit more of the tube and the Overground but haven't done so. :|

Last edited:

moogal

Updated still to do:

Bakerloo: Willesden Junction - Harrow & Wealdstone
Central: West Ruislip branch, anything east of Leytonstone.
District: Kew Gardens to Richmond, Olympia shuttle.
Jubilee: Stanmore - Wembley Park.
Metropolitan: Chesham branch, Watford branch.
Northern: High Barnet - Totteridge & Whetstone. Morden - South Wimbledon.
Piccadilly: Manor House - Cockfosters.
Victoria: Walthamstow Central - Blackhorse Road.
DLR: Stratford - Stratford Intl. (forgot about this bit initially)
Overground: Blackhorse Road - Gospel Oak. Clapham Jct - Queens Road Peckham. Forest Hill - Crystal Palace/W. Croydon. Willesden Jct - Richmond. Shepherds Bush - Clapham Jct.

So basically odd ends of lines.

Cletus

Established Member
This is where I HAVEN'T been yet:

Victoria: Stockwell - Brixton
Central: Buckhurst Hill - Epping
Jubilee: West Hampstead - St Johns Wood
DLR: Canning Town - Beckton
Tramlink: - All of it

Deerfold

Veteran Member
My tube coverage isn't great. :oops:
Circle: All of it (Victoria to Kings Cross was completed last year; I was ''avoiding the crowds on the Victoria Line'' with my Grandad ;) )

Which direction? There's not much in it timewise for that one...

theorangeone

Track I have yet to do:

Bakerloo: Harrow and Wealdstone to Kilburn Park. (have done the rest in stages)
Central: Epping to Theydon Bois, Woodford to Hainault (doing tomorrow), West Ruislip to Northolt.
Circle: Liverpool Street to Aldgate. Bit silly really.
District: Earls Court to Kensington Olympia/Wimbledon (doing Thursday)
Hammersmith and City: COMPLETE!
Jubilee: Neasden to Stanmore.
Metropolitan: Rickmansworth to Amersham/Chesham, Liverpool Street to Aldgate, Watford North Curve.
Northern: COMPLETE! (even MHE and Kennington Loop)
Piccadilly: Heathrow Terminals 123 to Heathrow Terminal 5, Turnpike Lane to Cockfosters (doing tomorrow).
Victoria: Seven Sisters to Walthamstow Central (doing tomorrow), Stockwell to Brixton.
Waterloo and City: COMPLETE!
DLR: West India Quay to Pudding Mill Lane, Stratford International to Beckton, London City Airport to Woolwich Arsenal.
Tramlink: Wandle Park/Church Street to Wellesley Road, Sandilands to Elmers End/Beckenham Junction (doing Thursday)

I may skip Met north of Rickmansworth and Epping altogether and claim I have visited all the Tube stations within the M25.

bennunn

Did the challenge in 1990 and visited the entire network as it stood then in one day.

Since then done every Underground addition (apart from T5) and all of the DLR.

Not done the cable car or certain bits of London Overground since it's been London Overground. (Don't think I've ever done GOB at all).

Have done a couple of non-standard bits of track: Kennington loop and the lines into London Road and Morden depots. My favourite though was a through train out of Aldwych!

tractakid

Did the challenge in 1990 and visited the entire network as it stood then in one day.

Since then done every Underground addition (apart from T5) and all of the DLR.

Not done the cable car or certain bits of London Overground since it's been London Overground. (Don't think I've ever done GOB at all).

Have done a couple of non-standard bits of track: Kennington loop and the lines into London Road and Morden depots. My favourite though was a through train out of Aldwych!

I recognise your name... you did a Class B didn't you? Wonder if anyone has done a 'B' attempt since?

starrymarkb

Established Member
Has anyone managed the Bank Shunt on the DLR? ;)

I might be finishing the northern Northern Line on my next couple of trips, considering a move so need to check out some areas.

richw

Veteran Member
Pretty poor from me, but my excuse is living 300+ miles away
Paddington to Euston Square
Euston to East Finchley
Paddington to Victoria
Paddington to Embankment
Euston to Oxford Circus
I also travelled on the DLR to an Ice Hockey match (London Knights) around 2000-2001 kind of time although I don't recall which stations were used.

Last edited:

bennunn

I recognise your name... you did a Class B didn't you? Wonder if anyone has done a 'B' attempt since?

I had no idea what 'Class B' even was, being only 13 and all. I think it was a couple of years later that the Guinness Book of Records firmed up the rules.

No way was I ever going to do it again though!

bennunn

How come? Did you enjoy it?

I enjoyed the feeling of achievement and the moments where I was able to sit down and relax and enjoy a long unbroken run on an interesting bit of route. Most of the centre was a nightmare though - getting out at almost every stop either to interchange or move a carriage further up the train to improve my position... esp. during the rush hour.

I also know that I'm not fit enough now to stand a chance!

Cletus

Established Member
This is where I HAVEN'T been yet:

Victoria: Stockwell - Brixton
Central: Buckhurst Hill - Epping
Jubilee: West Hampstead - St Johns Wood
DLR: Canning Town - Beckton
Tramlink: - All of it

Went up to Epping and down to Beckton today.
Also did Finchley Road to Bond Street on the Jubilee Line, not realising I needed from West Hampstead southbound :roll:
Lovely day in London today, even had my lunch in the partly-opened Olympic Park.

Amaroussi

Bakerloo: All of it.
Central:All of it.
Circle: All of it. Unabridged journey recorded this morning.
District: All of it.
Hammersmith and City: All of it.
Jubilee: All of it.
Metropolitan: All of it.
Northern: All except for the 8-minute Kennington Loop.
Piccadilly: All of it.
Victoria: All of it.
Waterloo and City: All of it.

North London: All of it.
East London: Highbury & Islington to New Cross.
South London: All of it.
West London: All of it.
Watford DC: All of it.
GOBLIN: All of it.
West Anglia: Liverpool Street–Hackney Downs
Crossrail: Paddington (Terminal)–Heathrow Terminal 4 and Liverpool Street (Terminal)–Stratford

DLR: All except Canning Town – Woolwich Arsenal and Greenwich – Lewisham.
Tramlink: New Addington–Wimbledon.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Bakerloo: Paddington to Waterloo
Central: Shepherd's Bush to Stratford
Circle: Whole line covered
District: Southfields to Edgware Road/Bow Road
Hammersmith & City: Paddington to Kings Cross
Jubilee: Baker Street to North Greenwich
Metropolitan: Baker Street to Kings Cross
Northern: Waterloo/London Bridge to Camden Town
Piccadilly: Kings Cross to Earls Court
Victoria: Victoria to Highbury & Islington
DLR: Royal Victoria to Shadwell/Poplar to Stratford/Shadwell to Bank
Overground: Stratford to Camden Road/Shepherd's Bush to West Brompton (the latter of which was done a Southern 377 instead of a 378 due to an electrical supply problem)
Emirates Air Line: North Greenwich to Royal Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.