• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How much will 4 PAYG tube journeys cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS 4F

I am visiting London this weekend and I don't have an Oyster card. I know I can use a debit card but wonder if I did 4 journeys on the tube all within zones 1and 2 how much would I be charged overall?
Would it be a fare for each journey or just one charge for the lot. Would I be better off buying a travel card at the same time as my ticket from Bedford to St. Pancras. I have a railcard if that makes any difference.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
I am visiting London this weekend and I don't have an Oyster card. I know I can use a debit card but wonder if I did 4 journeys on the tube all within zones 1and 2 how much would I be charged overall?
Would it be a fare for each journey or just one charge for the lot. Would I be better off buying a travel card at the same time as my ticket from Bedford to St. Pancras. I have a railcard if that makes any difference.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Is this a day trip from Bedford? If it is, the best thing to buy will be a Super Off Peak Day Travelcard which will cost £14.70 (with railcard discount) at the weekend.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I agree with @Haywain The weekend Super Off Peak Travelcard from Bedford - London Zones 1-6 is superb value.

Note that it is issued as one coupon, which is valid for one return journey from Bedford to London and unlimited train, Underground and bus journeys in zones 1-6 (HS1 to Stratford and Heathrow Express excepted).

LMS 4F

The journey is from Bedford and that is sound advice. Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.