• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How often do you buy a newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I must be one of the few middle aged people never to have bought a newspaper in my life! They’re full of inaccurate sensationalist reporting and show business gossip, neither of which I have the slightest interest in. I don’t even bother picking up a copy of the Metro on the bus even though it’s free! I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw anyone reading a paid for newspaper, I’m very surprised that they are still printed!
so who do you trust to tell you that newspapers are what you believe them to be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Annetts key

Established Member
To be fair, you really need to buy a large number of newspapers all on the same day, and have the time and patience to read at least a fair proportion of each one, to get a realistic picture of how good or bad each one is. And to see the bias.

And even then, you may not get a full picture, as it also depends on the news that they are reporting on. Which if it’s politics, in turn, often depends on what the government or opposition are announcing or doing at the time.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I must be one of the few middle aged people never to have bought a newspaper in my life! They’re full of inaccurate sensationalist reporting and show business gossip, neither of which I have the slightest interest in. I don’t even bother picking up a copy of the Metro on the bus even though it’s free! I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw anyone reading a paid for newspaper, I’m very surprised that they are still printed!
So you must read them to 'know' they're full of inaccurate sensationalist reporting, or is that just an impression you have of them based on who-knows-what?

Status
Not open for further replies.