• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How old do you have to be to go on the caledonian sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi
I am planning on going on a all line rover in August and insted of going home every night we wanted to get the sleeper. Am wondering weather i could travel on the caledonian sleeper. How old do you have to be to travel on it?
Thanks.
:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Unaccompanied I think is 18. There is no limit if you are accompanied by an adult IIRC.

wintonian

Established Member
Unaccompanied I think is 18. There is no limit if you are accompanied by an adult IIRC.

Not quite:

It is not recommended that children under 16 travel without an adult in either berth or seated accommodation. Where children under 16 travel in berth accommodation they must either share a twin berth cabin with another member of their travelling party or have sole occupancy of a twin or single berth cabin.

Established Member
As far as I know, if you're using the Seated Sleeper then you may travel alone if under 16, but bookings must be made over the phone.

ess

does that mean that a 15 year old could book a standard class ticket and get a solo birth for free?

arabianights

Me and a "female friend" went on the seated sleeper, her 14 me 15. Was no problem. I am now 25.

Shame that I didn't have at that time my current legendary charm and wit. I did ask someone (honestly can't remember who now) if we could be upgraded to a bed if we did the dish washing. They grinned but didn't permit it...

Just realising now how wonderfully lax my upbringing was. Disappeared for three days and when I got back my parents were only "about" to call the police :lol:

hstmatt

Hi my freind emailed scotrail and they have said that we cannot go on the sleeper even if were just going in the seating coach. :(
Might see if i can go on the night rivera but i probably wont be allowed on that eather. :(

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I work the Scotrail Sleeper.Unfortunately no unaccompanied children in the seated coach is correct but you can travel in a sleeper berth if the following apply:-

1) If you are on your own then both berths have to be booked in your name. ie you can't share with a stranger.

OR

2) You travel with someone known to you in the same compartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.