• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How things are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikar

Today on our network (Croatian Railways)

2044002 working B790 today (1525 Zagreb to Cakovec) was involved in a collision with a car at Kupljenovo between Zapresic and Zabok. No damage to train, the Ford Sierra was a write off but the driver got lucky and escaped injury, he probably learned a lesson not to try and race against a train again. Train carried on 35 mins late after police interventon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Proper way to do things. Would probarbly have happened that way here a few years ago...

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I would have kept the train off for at least that day to make sure its 1000% safe.
which is why young gareth isn't in business!

Gareth Hale

That is true, I deleted it after re-reading it, it made no sence.

if your wondering it said this

'American trains are bigger, I wish all cars were made this big then there would be no more road deaths :D'

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I would have kept the train off for at least that day to make sure its 1000% safe.

Please go into more depth please.

devon_metro

Established Member
Chaz said:
Please go into more depth please.
What if it was 100(0)% safe 10 minutes after re-railing it? Surely then there is no need to wait a day?

Thinking in an american way... surely a day off the rails is losing money.

meaning no $$$ for George Mush and co!

I do not care how much disruption is made to trains and whether the line is closed for 2 weeks or 2 months. If something serious has happened then they need to find out what has gone on and what they can do to prevent it. For some reason I would prefer my train to be cancelled than someone to be killed...

ikar

James 66526 said:
I do not care how much disruption is made to trains and whether the line is closed for 2 weeks or 2 months. If something serious has happened then they need to find out what has gone on and what they can do to prevent it. For some reason I would prefer my train to be cancelled than someone to be killed...

The line speed is 40kmh...

Status
Not open for further replies.