• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to book a 1-6 travelcard on redspottedhanky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Origin: Any station in the zones.
Destination: 0035.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Look for an 'Open Return' between Falconwood* and London All Zones Travelcard - I say Falconwood because I know it works, however other stations within the zones should also work :smile:

TP

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think the origin cannot be a London Terminal as that then causes an error when looking for default journeys, which are to/from London Terminals. Any other station should be fine, even some LU ones, such as Heathrow Undergd.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Not strange atall, you can not pick up tickets from most London Overground stations, the only ones where collection is possible are those south of New Cross Gate (inclusive).

You can not collect tickets from every station across the country, only those listed, otherwise the list wouldn't exist ;)

TP

NathanPrior

But then again you can book a ticket from Surrey Quays to St Pancras, but won't be able to pick it up? Seems not very logical to me

Bungle73

On Moderation
But then again you can book a ticket from Surrey Quays to St Pancras, but won't be able to pick it up? Seems not very logical to me

I can book a ticket from Kemsley (my local station) to anywhere, but can't pick it up because there is no TVM. You just have to pick it up from another station

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

In all honesty, this is a turn up and go journey, I'd use oyster for this. We've had many discussions about Tickets on Departure availability at stations. A quick look at Google Maps, if you head over to South Bermondsey which isn't that far away, you can collect tickets there if you wish.

What ticket are you considering buying online for this journey? Is there any need to buy it online, could you buy it at the station on the day of travel?

I second Bungle73's words.

TP

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I think you'd be better off using the RSH voucher for a longer journey, unless you are willing to travel from South Bermondsey or plan far enough in advance to get the tickets posted out / collect in advance. But London lives on the turn up and go culture. I wouldn't bother with the RSH vouchers especially if you live in the London area.

TP

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I do not understand the question, nor the logic (or lack of).

You can pick up tickets at any TOD-enabled station, and postage is an option providing you don't leave it too late to book.

Status
Not open for further replies.