• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to change the file size in IrfanView?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
By compressing it... Quality will always be lost when compressing to a certain extent.

Guinness

Established Member
Reducing the colour amount. I've forgotten what the actual term of its called.

class 313

Established Member
i got somthing from 45kb to 13 (14kb i dunno) without losing on detail, but i used paint shop pro

Tom B

Established Member
If you're on about compressing stuff for an avatar reduce the size. Also save in a sensible format - i.e. not a windoze bitmap! The JPG algorithm in Irfan seems to be particularly efficient.

T

Tom

Cockfosters said:
If you're on about compressing stuff for an avatar reduce the size. Also save in a sensible format - i.e. not a windoze bitmap! The JPG algorithm in Irfan seems to be particularly efficient.
Is even more efficient in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Sprog

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Cockfosters said:
Is even more efficient in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Agreeed! 8) 8)

Coxster

Established Member
class 313 said:
i got somthing from 45kb to 13 (14kb i dunno) without losing on detail, but i used paint shop pro
45kb -> 13kb is a difference of 32kb,
114kb -> 3kb is a difference of 110kb, well over 3 times the drop in your file's size!

devon_metro

Established Member
I Managed to get my Avatar down from 231Kb to 2.7Kb without compromising on quality using photo shop.

Tom B

Established Member
class 313 said:

I'm guessing the 14kb figure comes from Bindoze Explorer, which decides that (treating us as idiot n00bs as usual) we can't handle decimals...

Status
Not open for further replies.