• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to claim delay repay if I don't know how much has train delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

It was on 21st Aug and I was on 07:33 ex New Street to Euston on London Midland.

It was delayed due to a fatality and it also meant I had to change into another train at Northampton as this train was terminated early. (I also saw the bloodied pendo :( )

The delay repay page on LM website only has a drop down list of minutes how much train has delayed me, which one should I pick? This is first time I'm doing this.

Also, do they give out cash or rail vouchers? If they do give out the vouchers can I use that on a West Midlands PTE ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do you remember which train you changed on to?

Which PTE ticket do you intend to buy?

Do you remember which train you changed on to?

Which PTE ticket do you intend to buy?

It was another LM train to Euston that was already sitting on the platform, I can't remember anything more than that.

The ticket is pre 9:30 concessionary all zones.

Bushy

Delay repay is on the total delay for your journey.

Check what time you should have arrived at your final rail destination, had all the services you would have used run to time, and the time you actually arrived to work out the delay.

Regards

Bushy

rmt4ever

If I buy an advance ticket for say £100 for a train, then can no longer travel due to my plans changing, we all know that I can go whistle for any kind of refund.

But if I track the train online and see it was severely delayed or cancelled due to the TOC or NR fault, can I claim my £100 back?

Delay repay is on the total delay for your journey.

Check what time you should have arrived at your final rail destination, had all the services you would have used run to time, and the time you actually arrived to work out the delay.

Regards

Bushy

I hadn't recorded time and I wasn't able to check it within few days after the incident. Hopefully someone else on here can check what happened.

If I buy an advance ticket for say £100 for a train, then can no longer travel due to my plans changing, we all know that I can go whistle for any kind of refund.

But if I track the train online and see it was severely delayed or cancelled due to the TOC or NR fault, can I claim my £100 back?
Even if that wasn't allowed, how could they prove that you did not travel on that train? I'm not saying it's fine to do this but this is probably what some people will do.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanD

Established Member

If your train is delayed (by more than an hour for advances I think) then you can choose not to travel and ask for an immediate refund.

greatkingrat

Established Member

The 0733 from New Street is due to arrive in Euston at 0945. On the 21st Aug it actually terminated at Northampton at 0845.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P34352/2013/08/21

It looks like the next train to Euston was the 0754 from New Street, which departed Northampton at 0925, and arrived at Euston at 1108.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P36699/2013/08/21

If this was the train that you caught then your total delay would be 1hr 23min.

How do you go further than the limit of 7 days on that website?

And that's wasn't the train I was on. The train was already on the platform.

Not sure if it's important but anyway, I can remember clearly that the train from New Street terminated at Northampton on a platform bay and all I did was walk to another train on the same platform island.

Last edited by a moderator:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If you know the train's UID (in the form of one letter followed by five digits) you can type it into the address bar of your browser with the date. RTT keeps the data for a few weeks.

You cannot search for trains after 26 hours iirc.

If you don't know the train's UID, assuming that it is a recurring diagram, you can search for the same train for a date in the future and the UID should be displayed amongst other technical details.

I personally think that you should just send it to LM and they should be able to work out which train you got eventually and how much compensation you are entitled to.

IanD

Established Member
I personally think that you should just send it to LM and they should be able to work out which train you got eventually and how much compensation you are entitled to.

And then divide it by 2 and hope you'll not query it.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member

It would not be advisable as it is 'being deliberately deceptive to gain financial advantage', more commonly known as fraud.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If the train is known to be delayed at the origin, I would claim a refund under NRCoC Condition 26? in this case, even if I didn't intend to travel.

It it was on time at the origin and got delayed en route to the destination without me on board, then I would not submit Delay Repay.

Status
Not open for further replies.