• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to easily compare TfL and TOC fare prices outside London zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe some GN/TL stations north of London are about to get TfL-based ticketing options eg:

Potters Bar: Oyster and TfL contactless payg (but station not in a travelcard zone)
Brookmans Park: TfL contactless payg only

Further contactless extensions are likely to follow on that line and there are also similar changes on the TL Bedford line.

Have tried to find a website or app that can offer both sets of pricing options for a particular journey, but it seems that individual passengers will need to look separately at TfL and rail info sources and then compare the outputs.

Realise there are added complications as regards railcard acceptance, capping etc but, for people in those areas trying to decide whether to switch to TfL pricing, it is going to be very confusing.

Is there a useful website or app that I've missed please? Or another relevant thread that I didn't find when searching?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
BR Fares will show all the fares once they’re live.

I suspect that someone travelling in the ‘peaks’ will be no worse off using Oyster/Contactless.

Weekend leisure travellers, particularly those using Network Railcards or F&F Railcards will be better is using paper tickets.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
BR Fares will show all the fares once they’re live.
Only if they're also added to the National Rail fares database, which isn't a given since Oyster fares from various places to stations on the Gatwick Airport extension are missing. www.ltfares.com is more likely to show the prices once they're available to use, since it uses the TfL API.

Status
Not open for further replies.