• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to get some VERY strange looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Hello all,
As most of you know, I'm a guard with XC on the beloved Class 170s. As standard a Cardiff-Nottingham train has about half an hour turn around in the platform. This normally means, read book, eat, or make up numbers for the passenger count. Today was different.

In one of those rare moments, I felt electricity in my brain, trying to think. I then proceeded to get out my camera, tripos, intervalometer and various drinks, food, books and items of clothes I had.

My brain wave was to have a carriage with lots, but not full, of me. Some interacting with each other, some not. The hard part is going to come with the editing of the layers to composite all the elements in to one final image.

And as I suggested, the customers didn't half look at me funny! Updates with whether the shots have worked, and then hopefully a final image, whenever possible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the results - I've never seen any clone shots taken on trains.

mumrar

Established Member
IT WORKED!!!! So here we are with attack of the clones.

Little did I realise how easy the P&P would be when it came to it, as I thankfully took a total blank first. This was just put as the base layer, and the other layers all imported on top and arranged in the correct order from front to back. Even despite all of the reflections in the window, I found this easy to get my limited skills around.

img6041y.jpg

Click here for larger version

Now I know I'm no oil painting, so could people please stick to giving the shot some critique please?

Thanks

mumrar

Established Member
Yeah, I'm pleased, and I like the two 'me' at the front sharing an item in the paper. Makes me want to try something similar, but with far more interaction in the scene if possible.

Daniel

Established Member
That's awesome!! Well done! :)

And now we know which conductor to look out for ;)

mumrar

Established Member
Platform 5, it couldn.t be 1 as there is a gap out the left side to the next platform if you look closely.

Multiple Unit

When you first look at it you don't realise its the same person its really exerlent and looks almost ral as though have many Identical twin brothers well done sir could have cleanened the carpet fist though.

mumrar

Established Member
may well have been, @mumrar were you on a 170 which departed BHM at 18:52 heading towards NUN on 12th dec 09?
That's a very specific question, but I can give you an equally specific answer. my journal for 12/12/09 -

1D53 07:49 New St-Nottingham
1G16 09:37 Nottingham-New St
1V07 11:30 New St-Cardiff
1M68 13:45 Cardiff-New St

You're most likely going to have seen me either working on a 170, or at an enthusiast event somewhere.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
You should put this on TP mate, I've seen this done quite a few times but its always in someones front room, this is a new take on that idea.:)

the sniper

Established Member
Very cool Mumrar, it was certainly worth the effort! :)

PS, I've definitely seen you at New Street before.

Status
Not open for further replies.