• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to go about asking photography permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie2555

I'm going to be going up to London a few times in the next few weeks and was wondering how I could go about asking for permission to photograph at a few stations. I would be visiting a few larger stations as well as some smaller ones so who should I go to see and where would I ask? Also what would I say (I'm only taking for personal purposes)

Thanks very much

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The station reception office ( Network Rail managed stations ); for other stations I imagine it'll be the duty manager.

HST Power

Established Member
You shouldn't have too much trouble with the larger stations, 9 times of out 10 I just ask at the ticket gates and they're fine. A number of East Coast staff have often said to me that 'train spotters are welcome'.

Harbon 1

I've only ever asked whoever is on the gates, but i usually arrive where im going to photograph, and have only ever been asked to leave once, at vauxhall (he didn't bother the man emptying his bladder on the wall).

Status
Not open for further replies.