• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to run BVE4 under Windows Vista x86 and x64 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Established Member
Im using windows 7 and have downloaded the 3 dll files on the first page but when I enter them into the command promt I get this error....

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 52
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
It doesn't always work.

I recommend openBVE - needs no faffing about for it to work, just plug in and go!

The tech minded individuals at BVE Exchange could probably help with a detailed answer for you; I'm sure this has come up time and time again!

GB

Established Member
Yeah installed open BVE after BVE4 failed to load as per my post above. Its not quite "plug in & go" though;)

KeroChu

It seems openBve running with a very slowly speed, it cost 10 sec. to respond a instruction! I have already tried all the methods above but I still can't run BVE2/4,
I am running Windows 7, with Nvidia Geforce 7050PV and AMD Althon X2 4800+ and 250 gb HDD, also 2GB(1*2)DDR2 Ram, can anyone help me?

Pumbaa

Established Member
Is this a brand new openBVE download you've installed? Or a previous version?

Andy

It seems openBve running with a very slowly speed, it cost 10 sec. to respond a instruction! I have already tried all the methods above but I still can't run BVE2/4,
I am running Windows 7, with Nvidia Geforce 7050PV and AMD Althon X2 4800+ and 250 gb HDD, also 2GB(1*2)DDR2 Ram, can anyone help me?

Hi,

I have had the same problem with openBVE and windows 7, with my macbook pro and imac.

I managed to get BVE 4 working perfectly on the imac with 7, with 60fps. OBVE is ok on the macbook pro, but not brilliant.

Ive got to say, for some reason i prefer BVE 4 over oBVE no offence to the publisher, as they have done a brilliant job, its just well.... I don't know really. :D

BTW, nvidia and windows 7, there have no chance of working with BVE sorry.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Im using windows 7 and have downloaded the 3 dll files on the first page but when I enter them into the command promt I get this error....

Hi,

When you loaded the comand prompt did you open it "right click, run as Administrator" or just Run > CMD as if you just did the latter you will have this problem, as i found out the hard way :D.

The best thing to do is this:

click stat > "type CMD in the search box at the bottom of the start menu" > Right click on the found object "cmd.exe" and click "Run as administrator" then tpye in the command. That sorted it for me.

BTW if anyone is interested, BVE work alot better under 64bit 7 then 32bit.

Last edited:

dmc081

when it starts i don't see nothing on the screen where i supposed to see the platform, ppl ect. ect. ect. but i do see the happy face, mph display and all other things

bvefan

neil :D,
i have vista and i have turned off the uac and when i open bve 2 and load a route i get the cab but its all grey outside please help
from Daniel Armstrong

MrWhippyO

Unfortunately, I just tried it and as soon as I click OK on the screen size dialogue I get the familiar BVE has stopped working box :(

Although I'm not saying that it doesn't work on all machines running Vista though, just not on mine.

I get this exact message now, is there something we can do to get this working, it looks a great simulator, if only the damn thing would work

NYCRailFan

Hi there. I tried follw the instructions back on the first page. I got an error message that read "The file registered but the call failed". ANy suggestions on how to solve the problem? Thanks

Aictos

Established Member
I've followed these instructions to the letter and the PC states I have been successful installing these dll files HOWEVER when I try to run Network West Midlands I get a white loading screen then errors stating some objects cannot be found even though I have installed them, I then click ignore and get a white screen where I can heard but can't see anything.

I've also installed the Northern Line route (Not the Northern Heights route) and while I can see the various objects flashing though as it starts up I then get no error messages but a white screen.

I'm running a new installation of Vista which is the Home Premium x64 version which has the following graphics card, NeVida Geforce 8200.

While BVE4 refuses to work, I've somehow managed to get Open BVE running, :)

Last edited:

WSnook37025

im having problems registering the dll files.
im running a HP 64bit Windows 7 Laptop
done as instructed as per page 1 and downloaded dll files and put them in system32 folder and tried both windows 32 and 64 thru cmd prompt but it fails to register. anyone got a pdf or something that can help?

Hidden Quality

Hi guys,

I have windows 7, and have downloaded BVE 4 and BVE 2 and they dont work properly. Well, BVE 2 works, opens ina window, but doesnt display trains, etc properly. I have followed the ingtructions on this thread, but where my command prompt , cos i have 64 bit, should say c:/windows/sysWOW64 or something like that , it says c:/windows/system32, even though I have 64 bit. I dont, understand, and I have tried to change it to sysWOW64, but dont know how to. Any suggestions???

Mike

DavidMcCahon

I had a Read threw that and tbh it makes no sense lmaoo, i dont really understand this kind off stuff but i am interested in playing the game. I am on Windows Vista, could someone add my msn ([email protected]) and use teamviewer too do this for me please? Ohh anytime i download BVE it comes up images too, confussing

Statto

Established Member

Same thing is happening to me, i have Windows Vista.
[Homer Simpson style]Whoo, i've managed to get BVE4 working on Vista, i didn't use the dll files, i used the files from here http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/use/download_windows.html , had a run on the Bakerloo line, in Arcade mode.

Darkedriver26

Hi, new to this forum but have been trying to get BVE4 to run under Vista.
have tried all the tricks on here but nothing has worked. Just installed Virtual PC2007 and have put windows xp on that, will try installing BVE4 tonight on the virtual pc and let you know what happens.
In all truth the installation of Virtual PC and XP was pretty painless and it should be no different than running the application normally (with the exception of a couple of extra mouseclicks).
Will let you know what happens.
Sadly no luck - Windows XP will not run Windows Update so has problems loading all the necessary files for BVE to run. I manually downloaded Dotnetframework 2, then had to get the Windows Installer 3.1 or above, then I had to get the Windows Imaging Component plus DirectX.
Then BVE kept failing with some sort of Runtime error (.net framework error) so I downloaded the Visual C++2005 redis in case that would help - it didn't.

So for all my efforts, no further forward - damn!
That's the end of my favourite sim...

Last edited:

Bedpan

Established Member
When I got my present computer with Windows 7, I just downloaded Open BVE. I don't know the first thing about computers, but managed it with the help of http://www.railsimroutes.co.uk and it works perfectly. Open BVE's much better as other trains move, as does road traffic on bridges etc.

Darkedriver26

I did try OpenBVE once before on XP but had so much trouble configuring it I gave up, perhaps I should try again?
Having said that I have managed to get BVE 5 running, its just that I have so much BVE4 routes etc that I now stand to lose the lot - bit of a shame as I love the LU stuff and Birmingham/treston run.

Bedpan

Established Member
I think that you can load BVE4 routes onto Open BVE, I've got all the London Underground stuff.

Darkedriver26

Yeh, been trying that but when I select the route and the train it tells me to run it in BVE4 and won't let me go any further - weird...

Also tried running BVE4 on my old laptop with Win2K - Jeez, you wouldn't believe the problems I had with that, upgraded to XP and it still fell over yet on my old PC running XP it ran fine, grrr...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.